3–4 days/week at home
Core hours 11–3
Shift pattern: 4 on 4 off pattern (2 day, 2 nights, 4 off) 12 hour shifts
Salary: From £36,643 - £43,257 (Base salary + Shift Allowances) - Depending on experience
Plus £2,000 Welcome Bonus
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Mars Wrigley factory in Slough. We are seeking Mechanical minded individuals who hold a passion for maintenance! Whether your experience is maintenance of ships, cars, tanks, lifts, generators, or similar mechanical industries. Your hands on mechanical experience is key!
Mars is a family-owned, global business, for over 100 years. We’ve set our sights on making a better life for people and pets alike. We have the unique ability to have a big impact on the world. Mars is, and always has been, a principles-led business. While we are proud of our past, we have our sights on the future.
As a Mechanical Operator you will be complete and take the lead for first line maintenance of several production machines. You will be responsible for operational decisions at the line level to achieve targets and coordinate a team of Operators as required.
What are we looking for?
Educated to GCSE level
Ideally hold a NVQ or apprenticeship within Mechanical Engineering, however this is not a must.
Mechanical tinkering mindset, always looking to improve machinery!
Hands on experience of Mechanical maintenance, this can be from numerous environments such as, maintenance of: ships, cars, tanks, lifts, generators etc. We are focused on candidates that are mechanically minded and able to dissemble, fault find and assemble machinery.
What would be your key responsibilities?
Coordinate a small team of operators and temporary associates to achieve line targets.
Identify and repair mechanical breakdowns on various machinery.
Accountable for the performance of several machines, processes, or pieces of equipment.
Assisting operators with daily productions tasks to ensure line targets are met.
What can you expect from Mars?
An industry-competitive salary
Excellent pension package keeping your future in mind!
Great career progression and a range of in-house training as well as our amazing Mars University- The chance to take hold of your career and develop personally and professionally
Flexible working- You can take a 1 year sabbatical after 3 years of service!
Refer a Friend Scheme- Earn up to £2,000 by recommending friends and family to work for Mars
Excellent Medical scheme and Life insurance
A company that understands the importance of a work-life balance
Health & Wellbeing and Assistance programme
Great parental and sick pay scheme
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Mars UK provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Mars UK is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Mars UK
4,000 In the UK
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Slough, Waltham, Castle Cary, Birstall, Plymouth
More roles at Mars UK
- Associate Scientist –New Material Compliance
- Global DCom Strategic Demand Director
- Global Director On Demand Delivery
- Global D-Com Enterprise Capabilities Director
- FP&A Business Partner – Mars Global Services
- Global Mars Supply Excellence Manager - Food
- Corporate Affairs Director
- Manufacturing Shift Manager
- Learning Experience Manager
- Customer Service Specialist
- Vetsource International Operations Manager
- Maintenance Data Analyst
- Supply Chain Customer Care Coordinator
- Key Account/Customer Development Management LARs
- Engineer - Electrical
- Mars U Activity Manager
- Global Packaging Strategic Sourcing Manager
- Digital Technologies Portfolio Lead - Pet Nutrition
- Global Finance Vendor Director / Senior Manager
- FP&A Business Partner (Digital)
- Learning Experience Lead
- Sustainable Packaging Procurement coordinator
- European Product Developer (Dry, Care & Treats)
- Maintenance Planner
- Mechanical Engineer - Weekends
- Electrical Engineer - Weekends
- Factory Operator
- Director, Petcare Sustainability Performance Data & Analytics
- Digital Demand Lead - Sales / RGM - Mars Wrigley
- Lead Operator – Weekends
- Operator - Weekends
- Key Account/Customer Development Management (7-8 month cover)
- Manufacturing Team Leader
- European eCom Sales Support
- Data Platform Senior Leader - Mars Wrigley
- Packaging Sustainability Impacts Manager
- Consumer Care Functional Expert
- Mechanical Engineer
- Product Senior Analyst, Customer Relationship / Product Experience
- Executive Assistant
- Global Renewable Energy Program Manager
- Global Data Product Solutions Senior Lead - RTM/MM (F/M/X)
- Petcare Global Head of Talent and EI&D
- P&O Data and Talent Lead
- Packing Operator
- Data Governance Lead
- BDS Product Senior Analyst - SCP
- Portfolio Lead and Process Expert - Petcare
- Global Graphics Systems Manager
- Data Platform Architect
- Lead Operator
- European Amazon Director
- Operator - Night shift
- Global Portfolio Director – Mars Global Services
- User Experience Manager
- Maintenance Data Analyst
- Petcare data and analytics Platform product architect
- Veterinary Field Sales Representative - Yorkshire
- Associate Specialist Quality
- Customer Experience Professional
- Director- Communications & Stakeholder Engagement
- Senior Data Lead, People & Operations Analytics
- Supply Planner
- Behaviour and Training Specialist
- Customer Service Specialist - 1 year contract
- Customer Development Manager - Convenience & High Street
- Internal Communications Manager - Learning (F/M/X)
- Reliability Technician
- VP Science & Technology
- PetCare Marketing Architect
- Controls Electrical Engineer
- Global Pet Nutrition External Communications Director
- Data Scientist Lead (F/M/X)
- Field Sales representative - Berkshire/Hampshire
- Digital Platform Architect (F/M/X)
- Finance Analytics Senior Data Scientist
- Global Data Product Lead - Finance (F/M/X)
- Digital Platform Infrastructure Architect : SAP & ERP (F/M/X)
- Senior Legal Counsel - Regulatory/Food Law (F/M/X)
- Mechanical Maintenance Technician (Days)
- Field Sales Representative - Bradford
- Field Sales Representative - Stoke on Trent
- Data Platform Engineer - SRE (F/M/X)
- Senior Data Solution Architect
- Multi Skilled Engineer
- Engineering Apprentice
- Operations Apprentice
- Global Principal Technologist/Scientist
- Veterinary Nurse Specialist
- FLT Operator
- HR Reporting Analyst/Workday (f/m/x)
- Junior IT Project Manager (F/M/X)
- Data Engineer
- Pet Unit Specialist
- Cloud Security Architect - Data Analytics Platform (W/M/X)
- International Benefits Specialist
- One Demand Data Analytics (ODDA) DevOps Engineer
- Procurement Excellence Lead
- Senior Data Scientist
- Data Solutions Director