Mechanical Maintenance Technician (Days)
£35,000 - £45,000 D.O.E
An exciting opportunity to join the Mars Wrigley factory in Slough as a Mechanical Maintenance Technician has become available, to support Slough on its journey to becoming a world class factory. The Mechanical Maintenance Technician plays a key part at Mars to drive reliability and performance on the site. The role is responsible for managing complex mechanical technical issues within the factory to maximise production efficiency.
If you're looking to work for an innovative, forward-thinking and thriving global business then look no further! We would love to hear from you so get in touch!
What are we looking for?
- You'll have worked in a similar role requiring technical skills in mechanical engineering, ideally within a FMCG environment, however your experience could be from a manufacturing, automotive, pharmaceutical, or similar environment.
- At least ONC/HNC qualified or apprenticeship or experience in lieu of this.
- As a mechanical engineering technician, you’ll be comfortable working with and diagnosing faults on; Transmission equipment, Pumps, Valves, Heat Exchangers and Conveying systems etc.
- A background or experience in the following skills is also desirable (not necessarily required); Machine Fitting, Tooling, Welding, Condition Monitoring.
- Along with the ability to work effectively within cross-functional teams, as a mechanical engineering technician you can also offer; Excellent all-round communication skills in English, the ability to direct and co-ordinate suppliers, Great drive for results.
- Action Orientated, Drive for Results, Customer Focus, Peer Relationships.
- Problem solving & Functional/Technical skills.
- Drawings, Electrical Diagrams, Schematic Reading.
- Knowledge of the MS Office software, CMMS systems & Electronic Drawing Software.
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Carry out planned maintenance activities on our production equipment
- Work in adherence to site safety, GMP/GHP standards aligned with operational and technical priorities.
- Coach and mentor Technicians and Operations associates in technical matters, including new technology, breakdown repair, maintenance tasks and continuous improvement.
- Diagnose and resolve complex technical issues to root cause.
- Acquire knowledge of a range of agreed technologies, act as the expert for these technologies to support shift breakdown response and for training purposes.
- Ensure that all equipment is in a good and safe state to run in line with our asset management strategies.
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 like-minded and talented Associates, all guided by The Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
We asked employees of Mars UK how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Additional employee ratings
(these do not contribute to the FlexScore®)
Working at Mars UK
4,000 In the UK
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Slough, Waltham, Castle Cary, Birstall, Plymouth