Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire
Salary Package from £45,165 (plus annual bonus and benefits)
Shift Pattern 4 on 4 off (2 days, 2 nights, 12 hour shifts)
Mars have been a global company, and family owned business for over a century. For generations, you and your family — including the four-legged members — have loved our brands, products and services. Some of our most loved products include M&M’S®, SNICKERS®, ORBIT®, SKITTLES®, PEDIGREE®, WHISKAS®, Ben’s Original™, and Dolmio®.
At Mars Petcare we have an opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer to join and drive a reduction in MTTR through effective problem solving and technical skills. The role will include technical facilitation, training and leadership of technical solutions, to enable a reduction in technical downtime impacting TRS, Waste, Quality and Safety.
This role also offers the chance for long term career progression within engineering or other areas of the business.
What are we looking for?
- Mechanical engineering experience or HNC / HND (NVQ apprenticeship) in Mechanical Engineering
- Technical engineering skills within any industry (FMCG or similar a bonus, but not essential)
- Experience in problem solving and Root Cause Analysis of technical issues
- Experience designing analysing and optimising mechanical systems and components
- Ability to work independently and as part of team
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Provide technical experience and expertise supporting other groups and functions continuous improvement
- Identify and provide technical training and coaching for technicians and process operators, to support the team’s development
- Effective delivery of maintenance activities, to ensure smooth transition between maintenance and production availability of equipment
- Support of Technical Team Leader in their area of ownership
- Take part in risk assessments and formulation of method statements to assist in safe undertaking of any activity.
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 diverse and talented Associates, all guided by The Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Mars UK provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Mars UK is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Mars UK
4,000 In the UK
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Slough, Waltham, Castle Cary, Birstall, Plymouth