Birstall, Kirklees, West Yorkshire
Salary £35,000 to £47,000 (including shift allowance and bonus)
Additional benefits include Pension Scheme with employer contribution, Private Medical Care and Life Insurance, plus Holiday Bonus (minimum 100 hours per year)
**We are also offering an attractive joining bonus for candidates, plus relocation bonus for candidates relocating**
Start your career with Mars, a global FMCG voted in the Top 10 of UK ‘Great Places to Work’ since 2016, as a Mechanical Engineer today!
This opportunity is for a Level 3 apprentice qualified Mechanical or Electrical Engineer, to provide first line response to mechanical technical issues, in one of our leading Petcare factories.
Located within close proximity to Leeds, Bradford, Batley, Manchester and Sheffield, with ample parking available.
The Mechanical Engineer plays a key part at Mars to drive reliability and performance on the site across 4 product technologies. The role is responsible for the safe and efficient running of all assets and to provide final port of call for line operatives in diagnosing reasons for plant not running to Standard Operating Conditions.
What are we looking for?
- NVQ level 3 apprenticeship in mechanical or electrical engineering
- Hands on experience as a mechanical engineer in a factory or manufacturing environment
- Fault finding skills and a logical and methodical approach
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, easily approachable
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Perform fault diagnosis leading to resolution of random failures on production machinery, identifying the root cause in the repair process
- Provide technical expertise to assist others in resolution of equipment issues
- Reduce breakdown losses across site through the Breakdown Analysis procedure
- Work closely with the days based maintenance planners to drive effective proactive maintenance
- Collaborate with the days Continuous Improvement Engineers to drive improvement projects within area of responsibility
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 diverse and talented Associates, all guided by The Five Principles.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- You can count on our commitment to your growth and development as you work across our world-famous brands. Mentoring and coaching tailored to each individual’s diverse background
If you're looking to work for an innovative, forward-thinking and thriving global business then look no further! We would love to hear from you so get in touch!
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
We asked employees of Mars UK how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Additional employee ratings
(these do not contribute to the FlexScore®)
Working at Mars UK
4,000 In the UK
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Slough, Waltham, Castle Cary, Birstall, Plymouth