Market Copack Planner
Slough or Waltham (Hybrid)
12 months Fixed Term Contact
At Mars we now have an exciting opportunity for a Market Copack Planner to come and join our Supply Chain team! The Lead Operator will be accountable for the performance of several machines, processes, pieces of equipment and operational decisions at line level to achieve targets and coordinate resources as required.
You will be responsible for coordinating and managing the local co-packing supply chain(s) to maximise customer service, and minimise packaging inventory and wastage.
What are we looking for?
- Very strong communication skills
- Preferably hold previous experience in Supply Chain in a similar or planning position
- Ideally hold FMCG, manufacturing or similar experience
- Be able to build productive relationships and communicate effectively inside and outside Mars
- Strong analytical skills
- Systems knowledge: experience using SAP / Atlas or other supply chain ERP tools is mandatory. Experience of using office productivity software (such as Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint etc.) is required
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Ensure production of all co-packing items in the activity pipeline is feasible
- Produce a long-term co-pack capacity plan that balances available capacity versus activity pipeline requirements
- Produce a short-term co-pack production schedule with external suppliers that supports customer service targets and integrates packaging and donor availability
- Manage availability of packaging materials with external suppliers to support the short-term co-pack production schedule, ensuring minimum stock holding and write offs
- Performance management of the co-packers to deliver high adherence to the short-term production schedule and to minimise wastage
- Support QMP in the Market Copack team to ensure QMP delivers its intended results
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 diverse and talented Associates, all guided by The Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
We asked employees of Mars UK how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Additional employee ratings
(these do not contribute to the FlexScore®)
Working at Mars UK
4,000 In the UK
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Slough, Waltham, Castle Cary, Birstall, Plymouth