This is an exciting opportunity to join the Mars Wrigley factory in Slough. Responsible for leading and developing a team (around 10-20 people) of operational Associates, the Manufacturing Production Shift Manager will ensure the delivery of KPIs and projects, whilst driving safety and quality and ensuring that customer service levels are met.
This role operates on a 4o4o pattern (two days, two nights, four days off), and is entitled to a generous base pay (£39,000 - £49,000), shift allowance (£12k/ annum) and plenty of other benefits.
What are we looking for?
- Line management experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrable experience of building high-performing teams
- Strong communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to relate to all people at all levels, from a variety of backgrounds and to confront difficult and challenging situations as required
What would be your key responsibilities?
- Leading an operations team to deliver KPIs including Safety and Quality / Food Safety through effective prioritisation, escalation and decision-making
- Building a high-performing team through developing associates individually and within the team. Driving the engagement of associates through coaching and impact planning. Developing associates through effective PDP management to ensure functional, team and personal development.
- Develops and leads business communication in your area, working with management and support functions to deliver effective messaging and feedback.
- Leading and partnering in Continuous Improvement and OPEX projects
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 diverse and talented Associates, all guided by The Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Mars UK provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Mars UK is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Mars UK
4,000 In the UK
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Slough, Waltham, Castle Cary, Birstall, Plymouth