Lead Production OperatorMelton Mowbray, LeicestershireSalary from £29,000 -£33,500 (including base salary, company bonus and shift allowance) plus pension and private healthcare12 hour days and nights, Monday-Friday shifts onlyAt Mars Petcare we have an exciting opportunity to join our factory; and manage a passionate team of associates, whilst also being given the chance to develop and progress personally!At Mars Petcare, we believe that pets make the world a better place. We have one Purpose: A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS. The role will be accountable for the performance of several machines, processes, pieces of equipment and operations at line level to achieve targets and coordinate resources as required.You will be first point of call should there be any technical issues with production machinery and will resolve breakdowns through problem solving. There will also be an element of coaching/training the associates dedicated to your line.What are we looking for?
- Factory background or training.
- Experience coordinating a small team.
- Experience in FMCG / Production.
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Coordinate a small team of operators and temporary associates to achieve line targets.
- Identify and problem solve mechanical breakdowns on various machinery.
- Accountable for the performance of several machines, processes, or pieces of equipment.
- Assisting operators with daily productions tasks to ensure line targets are met.
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 diverse and talented Associates, all guided by The Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Mars UK provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Mars UK is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Mars UK
4,000 In the UK
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Slough, Waltham, Castle Cary, Birstall, Plymouth