Key Account Manager - Ecomm
Royal Canin, Castle Cary
£47-£55K base + bonus + benefits
The KAM Ecomm is accountable for delivering business segment objectives and share of customer volume by delivering sales strategic objectives at the lowest possible cost. They are also responsible for developing and implementing comprehensive customer business plans to deliver annual operating plan within trade investment plan
This role is critical to building relationships and driving business in critically important eCommerce national account partners at a head office level. The role requires internal stakeholder management at both local and regional level to ensure Royal Canin are well represented within the complex online UK market.
What are we looking for?
Knowledge of veterinary industry highly desirable
Proven track record of managing ecommerce accounts and driving online sales
Demonstrate previous high value negotiation experience
Customer and consumer focused
Proactive with an action bias
Strong presentation & communication skill
IT skills (proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.) to support effective sales analysis
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Effective business and marketing planning in line with Royal Canin’s objectives and the customer’s needs.
- Build effective business relationships with key influencers across the ecommerce account; buyers, marketing, training, supply and likewise with internal stakeholders at Royal Canin to drive business
- Accountable for delivering profitable growth within designated ecommerce accounts including effective forecasting and management of customer specific budgets
- Facilitate meetings with senior stakeholders to support collaboration and understanding of account strategy
- Negotiation and creation of tenders and directly supply proposals in line with the Royal Canin guidelines
- JBP creation and execution, Quarterly business reviews and promotional plan management
- Regular internal reporting on account performance
- Work with the marketing colleagues to provide clarity on assets required to activate marketing plans
- Represent the Brand at internal and external company events (e.g.: Trade shows, seminars and conferences) including overnight stays, as required
- Live our Culture at Mars & Royal Canin
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 diverse and talented Associates, all guided by The Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
We asked employees of Mars UK how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Additional employee ratings
(these do not contribute to the FlexScore®)
Working at Mars UK
4,000 In the UK
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Slough, Waltham, Castle Cary, Birstall, Plymouth