This role delivers critical leadership for the overall customer business delivery and is responsible for achieving profitable sales growth through creating and executing business plans within the customer all-year-round chocolate business, contributing to the Mars Wrigley business. This role is accountable for maximizing customer and category performance within the customer AYR chocolate, whilst delivering efficient trade revenue optimization. With full P&L responsibility, this role is accountable for developing and maintaining strong and influential relationships with the customer and collaborating internally with key stakeholders to deliver first-class insights and solutions that help devise and execute mutually beneficial joint business plans and deliver sustainable growth. The role will also play a leading part in the total customer JBP.
What are we looking for?
- Experience in Customer management in a strong FMCG organisation
- Previous Top 4 Grocery experience is preferable
- Experience in high-level customer sell-in and negotiation processes
- Data literate and insight literate – comfortable on converting data points into insight to drive action
- Competent and engaging presenter
What will be your key responsibilities?
Develops an understanding of the customer’s environment e.g. external trends, competitors, and customer's current and future needs which is leveraged to build shopper-centric customer plans that drive mutual growth.
- Delivering a Best In Class Customer Experience to the customer trading team; understanding their strategy and KPIs, how to grow their category, and making it easy for them to do business with us.
- Collaborate with the cross-functional experts for the customer that develop compelling shopper marketing, category and pack, price & promotional plans that support the achievement of our business objectives (critical targets such as Distribution, ROI, and hotspots).
- Effective forecasting, management, and reporting of business performance within the period and full year to provide transparency and clarity to the Leadership Teams
- Lead the development and execution of the specific solutions needed with the everyday chocolate segment within the customer e.g. assortment, merchandising, pricing, and promotion which achieve customer, category, and business objectives.
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 diverse and talented Associates, all guided by the Five Principles.
- Join a purpose-driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry-competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Mars UK provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Mars UK is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Mars UK
4,000 In the UK
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Slough, Waltham, Castle Cary, Birstall, Plymouth