This is a great opportunity to join Mars in a project-based role and have the opportunity to work with different teams on delivering our Pet Centre capability strategy.
The successful candidate will develop and deploy our capabilities and digital tools aligned to pet performance at the Waltham Petcare Science Institute. As the team's Junior Capabilities Project Manager, you will lead projects to develop and implement new capabilities with global R&D teams.
What are we looking for?
- Degree or MSc (desirable) or equivalent experience in a scientific, engineering or related field.
- The successful candidate will have a proven ability to in designing and implementing R&D or Engineering projects.
- The successful candidate will have experience of building effective and collaborative project teams and holding conversations with various technical experts
- We are looking for strength in; Plans and Aligns, Collaborates, Persuades and drives results.
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Develop and deploy new capabilities or digital tools, alone or in collaboration with other technical experts.
- Initiate, gain approval for, manage and report on team projects
- Define, negotiate, and supervise appropriate resources for successful implementation of projects.
- Provide appropriate communication of project results, information and business implications through reports and presentations to internal stakeholders and customers.
- Maintain awareness of relevant internal and external capability knowledge and apply this knowledge to current projects.
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 diverse and talented Associates, all guided by The Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Mars UK provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Mars UK is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Mars UK
4,000 In the UK
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Slough, Waltham, Castle Cary, Birstall, Plymouth