The BDS Product Architect will advocate and enforce applicable standards, policies, procedures, and best practices in the implementation and/or maintenance of Human Resources tower. This role will be part of the Business Delivery Services team based in the UK and provides global depth technical and functional knowledge for the Human Resources for design, development and operations for products and services in this area.
What are we looking for?
- 5+ years of experience in the HR area – Time and Attendance, Payroll & Travel & Expense solutions, specially their architectures and landscapes (onPrems, SaaS, etc…)
- Effective English communications skills including written, verbal, and presentation
- Ability to collaborate with global teams
- Ability to remain flexible as priorities change, adaptable to change, and able to accept ambiguity
- Ability to collaborate and work closely with different stakeholders levels
- Ability to manage vendors and resources to achieve deliverables
- Established skills in time management, multi-tasking, and prioritization of work
- Familiar with DevOps/ITIL
- “Can-do” attitude
What would be your key responsibilities?
- Play Design Authority role for the Human Resources in the Product team level, assessing impacts and approving all the initiatives that are going to be related to products and services on this product team.
- Seek highly automated solutions and new approaches to work for the Human Resources tower
- Partnership with Product Owner and/or Functional Experts on continuous improvement, evolution of the product and Lifecycle management
- Translate EPICs into Technical designed solutions
- Participate on new design for solutions, services and products together with Business stakeholders, Enterprise Architecture, Transformational programs, Strategic Functional Capabilities, Business Partnership, etc.
- Liaise with the other Business Capabilities Frameworks areas to ensure consistent cross-functional business process design
- Providing supervision and guidance to development teams around the current product and services design, assuring the design is protected and the global/mandate processes are secured
- Support Operations in complex and high impact issues and problems as they arise.
- Continually researching current and emerging technologies and proposing changes where needed
- Continuously assess the current portfolio and applications lifecycle, assuring the systems have vendor-supported versions and patching, suggesting applications retirement, upgrades or new solutions when necessary. Assessing the systems architecture currently in place (including satellite systems) and working with Enterprise Architecture and Infrastructure to recommend solutions to improve it
- Building and integrating other products and services to meet the company’s needs
- Accountable for process and technical knowledge gathering, update and validation of products and services under Human Resources tower including documentation/knowledge from external teams that will touch those services and products
- Support product manager on lifecycle management for products and services across the markets and locations, considering business priorities, budget, current versions and risks
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 diverse and talented Associates, all guided by the Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Mars UK provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Mars UK is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Mars UK
4,000 In the UK
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Slough, Waltham, Castle Cary, Birstall, Plymouth