What are we looking for?
- Performs defined assignments in the entry level of the technical leadership career band.
- Typically, a college or university degree and has conceptual knowledge of theories, principles and practices. This role would suit someone in the early stages of their career with good IT experience.
- Problems faced are difficult but typically not complex, uses existing procedures and practical knowledge to solve problems.
- Works independently but will receive instruction and guidance as needed.
- Looking for someone to work across three time zones primarily in Europe but also some cross over cover in the Asia Pacific and Americas regions. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications is essential.
- Working knowledge of the SAP business solution would be an advantage, but not essential.
- Good communication skills strong English is essential. Ability to deal with different types of stakeholders across the organisation.
Job Family Group:
- Digital Technologies
- Leverages information technology to achieve business goals and to create new business opportunities supporting and maintaining IT services and related infrastructure.
- Service Delivery Management/Vendor Relations
- Responsible for managing design, transition, day-to-day operations and improvements to IT Service Management processes and IT services.
What will be your key responsibilities?
- You will be working on various applications in the commercial buying area.
- Responsible for providing day-to-day technical support which may include some trouble shooting and problem escalation.
- Service management of 3rd Party vendors.
- Involvement on minor programs/projects to provide functional and technical expertise, of the design until go live of products.
- Assist with change management activities, including releases and production slots.
- Manage business (enhancements, projects, major incidents, special requests), including Escalation of incidents/requests/problems/demands from business, supported by a Product Senior Analyst when needed.
- Strong collaboration with business to translate business functional requirements into actual practical and working IT specifications, assuring high level of satisfaction from the customers.
- Identify and develop automation opportunities across the business.
- Identify, propose, and develop improvements for product and services as part of Problem Management process.
- Document solutions developed, to assure global supportability.
- Participate and collaborate on a Community of Practices related to the functional and technical areas.
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 150,000 diverse and talented Associates, all guided by the Mars Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
Disclaimer: Mars is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Mars UK provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Mars UK is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Mars UK
4,000 In the UK
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Slough, Waltham, Castle Cary, Birstall, Plymouth