Global Portfolio Director
Salary: competitive salary and benefits package
This role could be based in the UK (Slough) or US (Chicago/Hackettstown)
At Mars we operate a hybrid working model.
This position is a critical enabler of the Mars Global Services (MGS) Operating Model. The newly created Portfolio Office role will oversee and govern the entire change delivery process in MGS from demand / intake, through the project delivery and post implementation reviews. The role has oversight of delivery methods and improving project management capabilities. The role will help MGS make the critical choices on the next transformations based on strategic alignment with MGS and Segment priorities.
What will be your key responsibilities?
Establishing Strategic Priorities:
- Galvanise the global leadership team around key priorities and pain points
- Agree a core set of portfolio objectives within and across service lines and agree governance responsibilities and cadence
- Manage the global Leadership team and customer buy-in and support
Portfolio Ways of Working:
- Establish New Demand / Intake process to enable strategic alignment and prioritisation
- Establish governance whereby these priorities are assessed within and across the service lines
- Build structure into the business cases and data gathering aligned to strategic priorities
- Introduce financial visibility on costs and benefits to support decision making
Ensuring the Portfolio team is fit for purpose with all key roles filled
Portfolio Management: Embed, Test, Learn, Adapt
- Ongoing review of portfolio, processes, governance, tools, capabilities for compliance and improvements
- Continue to manage the change with the global leadership team on their role in prioritisation and governance
- Ongoing review of leadership strategic priorities and objectives
Project Delivery Performance & Assurance:
- Engage customers for feedback on delivery pain points
- Focus on Project Management Capability assessments and introduce Project Management mentoring where needed
- Embed Stage Gate rigour and quality review processes
What are we looking for?
- A demonstrated leader able to coordinate and manage multiple groups in a fast-paced environment
- Comfort managing large complex programs with multi customers / functions
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with experience of building relationships across an organization
- Ability to drive change and continuous improvement
- Ability to influence new ways of working and change initiatives at all levels in the organization through strong leadership and building collaborative relationships.
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 diverse and talented Associates, all guided by The Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Mars UK provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Mars UK is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Mars UK
4,000 In the UK
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Slough, Waltham, Castle Cary, Birstall, Plymouth