Global Supply Resilience Program Manager T3 – 24 months
We are happy to consider candidates based in any of our supply sites, however, our preferred locations are Slough (UK) or Veghel (Netherlands).
Mars is investing heavily in Global Resilience capabilities, called out as one of the key priorities for the MarsWrigley segment. The volatility across the world has increased tremendously over the last few years, ranging from geo-political tensions, labour and raw material availability to high inflation and energy shortages. This volatility is putting a different requirement on our business to increase our resilience to protect customer service, protect our cost structure and reduce the number of disruptions in the business.
Mars has the ambition to create a competitive advantage to minimise (potential) disruption and set up a supply chain that is capable of dealing with these. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a team that will have operational and strategic material impact on the company’s success. A unique role that spans across Commercial, Supply and R&D in collaboration with other functions in the business; This is one of the first truly E2E roles in the organization.
The primary focus of the role is to lead a few transformational programs in close collaboration with the regions. Specific programs are single source reduction in our manufacturing network and creating radical simplification of our business processes. The role also plays an important part of bringing in resilience capabilities into the broader organization and the commercial, R&D and supply communities. The role will prepare the organization on the big trends for potential disruption and making the shift from resolving disruptions to anticipating and mitigating potential disruptions before they happen.
What are we looking for?
- University degree (i.e., Bachelor) in engineering or business/ economics / finance / supply chain
- Advanced degree (i.e Masters) in Supply Chain / Business Analytics or an MBA
- 10+ years of relevant experience in the areas of strategic procurement, supply chain or manufacturing
- 10+ years of program and project leadership, including the ability to manage multiple simultaneous transformational programs across the globe
- Experience working in a large, global, highly matrixed organization, and works easily in multi-business unit project settings; able to facilitate teamwork across corporate boundaries.
- Understands E2E connectivity and how the primary processes work together
- Broad interest in business, global trends, macro-economics and politics
- Advanced project management skills, strategic agility and influencing skills
- Strong standing alone with the ability to challenge the status quo
- Fluent in English
What would be your key responsibilities?
- The role(s) will be supporting the Global Supply Resilience Director by providing leadership of a few transformational programs:
Radical Process Simplification Manufacturing Single sourcing SKU reduction program Learning organisation (building resilience capability in the organisation)
- Program manage cross regional programs
- Partner with the regions to ensure progress, resourcing and results
- Unlock potential roadblocks to success
- Collaborate across functions and regions to enable resilience improvements
- Translate macro-economics trends, geopolitical tensions into tangible actions
- Collaborate with other Program managers in the Resilience teams and ensure synergies
- Engage the rest of the organization on supply resilience and define strategies to build capabilities and integration into the organisation
- Support the overall Supply Resilience program
What can you expect from Mars?
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including excellent pension.
- Pet-friendly offices, where your pets’ enjoyment is as high on our agenda as yours.
- A company that understands the importance of a work-life balance.
- The chance to take hold of your own career and develop personally and professionally.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Mars UK provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Mars UK is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Mars UK
4,000 In the UK
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Slough, Waltham, Castle Cary, Birstall, Plymouth