Finance Business Partner- Petcare Innovation
Location: Waltham, UK
Salary: Up to £56,000 + Bonus + Benefits
Hybrid Working- 50%
Our Finance Business Partner oversees every financial aspect of Innovation and Renovation projects from the planning phase to post-launch evaluation within Mars Petcare. You will be working as part of broad cross-functional teams and across multiple markets, this role is accountable for developing the full business model and providing transparency on the financial shape, delivery, and risks of each activity.
What are we looking for?
- CIMA (preferred) or ACA-qualified or relevant business experience required.
- Relevant knowledge of financial concepts.
- Business Acumen including knowledge of a required market and experience working in Demand Finance.
- Financial modelling experience.
- Strong Excel skills and experience with PowerBI/Tableau.
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Leads the development of the business model (P&L, CAB) for the Innovation and Renovation projects within Pet Nutrition Europe, for all blueprint markets, as well as Multisales, and ensures transparency of Size of Prize, Financial shape, and risk/reward exposure of each activity.
- Provides visibility of the actual performance of Innovation / Renovation activities and recommends course corrections.
- Represents S&F in segment ATGs.
- Works closely with a cross-functional team to deliver the innovation/renovation project P&L.
- Proactively collects underlying assumptions for the project business model from different functions and applies a critical view on those assumptions to be able to deliver an accurate P&L
- More specifically, the role collects:
- Rate of sale, distribution, Pricing, and Trade Margin assumptions in collaboration with European / Local Marketing and Local S&F / Sales
- COGS (Raws, Packs, MCC, LCC) & CAB assumptions in collaboration with Supply (Commercial, Manufacturing, Logistics, Supply S&F)
- Consolidates all inputs to produce a full P&L and provides transparency on the underlying assumptions and the key output KPIs (Volume, NSV, Incremental NSV, NSV/t, GMAC abs & %, CAB)
- Copilots the projects through the different stage gates and provides the following deliverables:
- NPR – setting project CSFs.
- DB – define draft business model including pricing, COGS, and initial CAB.
- AB/ER – define the final business model.
- Evaluates the performance of the project post-launch by comparing Actuals to plan and recommend course corrections in case of gaps.
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 diverse and talented Associates, all guided by the Five Principles.
- Join a purpose-driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry-competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Mars UK provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Mars UK is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Mars UK
4,000 In the UK
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Slough, Waltham, Castle Cary, Birstall, Plymouth