Field Sales Representative- UK wide
- Manchester & W. Yorkshire- Bradford, Halifax, Bingl
- Manchester & W. Yorkshire- Bolton, Wigan, Whittle-Le-Woods
- Central Midlands & S. Yorkshire- Stoke on Trent
- East Midlands- Nottingham, Loughborough, Beeston, Melton Mowbray, Oakham
- South Wales- Ebbw Vale - The Valleys, Caerphilly, Cwmbran, Boughrood, Pentrebach
- South Wales- Newport, Hereford & North Bristol
- North East England- Gateshead, Riding Mill, Newburn, Newcastle, Birtley, Consett
Living within 60min of the location is essential
Salary: From £29,830 Plus Benefits (Including Annual variable bonus, company car, iPad, Phone)
As a Field Sales Representative, you will have the responsibility to develop and manage a Grocery and Discounter Territory working with our iconic confectionery and health and wellbeing brands which include Mars® Snickers® Twix® Maltesers® Wrigleys Extra® Galaxy® M&Ms® and KIND®. You will build outstanding visibility and availability through the strong relationships you have built in store.
You will grow sales through strong daily interaction with retail outlet managers delivering a “total store” approach to deliver the best outcomes in all retail locations. A key focus will be on distribution & display, and you will become a trusted category advisor.
We're looking for enthusiastic candidates, with strong career ambitions! Full training will be provided for the role.
What are we looking for?
- A hard-working reliable associate who wants to learn & grow.
- Can have a first-hand experience in a similar role, with a proven track record in territory sales or within a customer service function but applications considered if you have the right attitude to succeed without the experience.
- Customer-focus & driven, your excellent communication skills help you connect with others easily
- You have a great understanding of the essentials of sales, and that makes you able to negotiate and influence in an impactful way
- You're an enthusiastic team player, but also able to work independently
- IT literate: Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook - to support effective sales analysis and management of the territory
- Knowledge of the FMCG sector is preferred, but not essential
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Develop effective relationships with all key contacts within Stores to increase Mars Wrigley’s sales
- Implement Customer Account Activity plan to deliver excellent distribution and display of all agreed promotions
- Develop a strong Category understanding and use this knowledge to influence the key decision-makers to support your vision for in-store success
- Meet your targets on Coverage and completion so that we can meet our customers at the right time
- Place equipment and improve existing equipment to ensure in-store stand out of the Mars Wrigley portfolio
- Follow the Mars Wrigley structured selling process which will help you become best in class within Field Sales
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 like-minded and talented Associates, all guided by The Five Principles.
- Join a purpose-driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry-competitive salary and benefits package, including a company bonus
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Mars UK provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Mars UK is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Mars UK
4,000 In the UK
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Slough, Waltham, Castle Cary, Birstall, Plymouth