Field Sales Representative - Bradford
Location – Bradford (candidates must hold a valid UK driving license and live within 60 minutes commute of location)
Salary: From £31,620 plus benefits (Including annual variable bonus, company car, Ipad, phone)
We are looking for an ambitious, driven associate that wants a career. You will receive best in class, in house training for the role, which includes on-the-job learning from industry experts and specific training sessions. Feedback is common practice Mars to support personal development!
Many senior associates in the Mars business start in this role!
At Mars we have an exciting opportunity for a Field Sales Representative to come and learn about the Mars business at the most important part of our business (our customers) to build your knowledge with selling & understanding of the customers we work with everyday! We're looking for enthusiastic candidates, with strong future career ambitions! At Mars there are endless opportunities to air career progression, develop yourself, your skillset and have a positive impact on our business.
The Field Sales Representative will be accountable for developing and managing a Grocery and Discounter Territory working with our iconic confectionery and health and wellbeing brands which include category leading brands, Mars® Snickers® Twix® Maltesers® Wrigleys Extra® Galaxy® M&Ms® and KIND®. Your primary role will build strong relationships & execute best in class displays & improve product availability so our consumers can find the brands they love.
You will learn to sell with mutuality at the heart of every decision you make & grow your knowledge & understanding of the iconic brand portfolio and a unique ‘shop-floor’ perspective that is valuable to all aspects of the business. You will grow sales through strong daily interaction with retail outlet managers delivering a “total store” approach to deliver the best outcomes in all retail locations. A key focus will be on distribution & display, not only will you become a trusted advisor on our brands, but on the confectionery category as a whole.
What are we looking for?
- Educated to degree level (open to a wide variety of degrees.)
- Ability to talk to a range of people as you will be customer-focused & driven, your excellent communication skills help you connect with others easily.
- You're an enthusiastic team player, but also able to work independently.
- Self-Awareness – hold awareness of and takes ownership for their development.
- IT literate: Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook - to support effective sales analysis and management of the territory.
- Passion for sales or an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Problem Solving – Someone who looks for solutions for unsolved problems.
- To be a winner, have a drive for results & a desire to succeed in the Mars way.
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Develop effective relationships with all key contacts within Stores to increase Mars Wrigley’s sales.
- Implement Customer Account Activity plan to deliver excellent distribution and display of all agreed promotions.
- Develop a strong Category understanding and use this knowledge to influence the key decision-makers to support your vision for in-store success.
- Meet your targets on Coverage and completion so that we can meet our customers at the right time.
- Place equipment and improve existing equipment to ensure in-store stand out of the Mars Wrigley portfolio.
- Follow the Mars Wrigley structured selling process which will help you become best in class within Field Sales.
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 diverse and talented Associates, all guided by The Five Principles.
- Work within a nurturing environment where you can celebrate bringing your full self to work & make lifelong connections.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, with a real focus on your own personal development and leadership skills, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- Personal development and training are championed at Mars throughout your career.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
- Consistent support to help you become the best version of yourself & fulfil your potential. Support from your line manager & experienced field coach will be ongoing not just in your training period.
- You will be coached as a “sales professional” through the Mars sales program which will support core selling competencies and behaviors. This also will have access to “Mars University” resources to support your development.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Mars UK provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Mars UK is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Mars UK
4,000 In the UK
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Slough, Waltham, Castle Cary, Birstall, Plymouth