Castle Cary, Somerset
Annual Salary £30,420 - £31,547 (Including base salary, shift allowance and annual bonus)
Rotating shift pattern Week 1 Sun-Thurs 10pm-6am, Week 2 Mon-Fri 2pm-10pm, Week 3 Mon-Fri 6am-2pm
No experience needed, full training will be given.
At Mars Petcare, we believe that pets make the world a better place, and we’re committed to making quality and specialized nutrition.
Our factory in Castle Cary produces James Wellbeloved petfood, where we put a lot of love into creating recipes your dogs will love. Using only simple ingredients, our food has all the goodness they need.
The role of an Operator is to have ownership and responsibility for a set of machines, pieces of equipment and processes within their working area. This includes carrying out routine operational tasks e.g. starting-up, shutting-down, monitoring, cleaning, and carrying out basic changeovers, minor repairs, routine checks , reporting and inspections, and the use of basic ancillary equipment and computer programs.
What are we looking for?
- Experience or Interest in working in manufacturing/factory environment
- Interest in learning about machinery and how it works
- Ability to multitask, manage your own time and work under pressure
- Happy to work both alone and as part of a team
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Accountable for day to day running and performance of several machines, processes, or pieces of equipment - Following good hygiene practices & manufacturing practices
- Monitor all activities on all production lines, immediately reporting downtime when downtime cannot be corrected by the operator
- Facilitate good communication and planning with other operators to ensure that changeovers are done timely and effectively, optimization of production lines, quality checks are being performed, schedules are achieved with little downtime, waste is reduced or managed effectively
- Escalate issues as appropriate, give full and accurate verbal and written handover
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 diverse and talented Associates, all guided by the Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Mars UK provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Mars UK is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Mars UK
4,000 In the UK
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Slough, Waltham, Castle Cary, Birstall, Plymouth