[Insert short summary of role – approximately 1 paragraph]
What are we looking for?
- Experience in successfully managing key accounts in FMCG, Consumer Durables/Lifestyle or B2B.
- People leadership experience mandatory (and remote team leadership experience desired)
- High strategic agility demonstrated in roles owning / shaping complex demand strategy
- High business acumen and commercial awareness and analytical thinking
- Experience leading high stakes and complex negotiations
- Experience influencing senior counterparts in a customer / client environment
- Firsthand experience in eCommerce and specifically with Amazon (highly desired)
- Fluent English required (additional languages useful, especially French, German, Italian or Spanish)
- Committed to self-development and can demonstrate a willingness to operate outside of comfort zone
- Well organized, excellent time management, presentation skills
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Work with key stakeholders to develop & implement a European long-term winning strategy and key needs to succeed with Amazon, utilizing all Amazon fulfilment models (eg 1P/3P etc)
- Set-up and enable the Amazon team to execute the strategy, drive market share growth and meet demands of local Amazon markets as they expand now to EU9 (UK, Poland, France, Germany, Sweden, Belgium, Spain, Italy, and Netherlands) and beyond.
- Build a strong mutual partnership with Amazon, with cross-functional cooperation and effective contact matrix / strategy at all levels
- Full responsibility for the Amazon P&L, periodic S&OP+ cycle, and implementation of the activity plan, including but not limited to managing online sales plans and execution, brand and corporately developed sales & marketing programs presentation on retailer sites, coordination of digital marketing campaigns and best in class product presentation
- Full European account management to achieve Business targets
- Negotiate, implement, optimize, and govern a winning Joint Business Plan
- Lead and engage key stakeholders to drive best in class execution of our plans and KPIs e.g., content, availability, rations & reviews, search – in partnership with Amazon media counterparts (int and ext.)
- Great line management of a team of 73 associates
- Ensure close collaboration within the DBU Digital Customers team (notably PDS Manager Shopper Marketing Manager, SRM) and other key strategic stakeholders outside the team to ensure full implementation of marketing and product development plans in line with the customer strategy.
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 diverse and talented Associates, all guided by the Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Mars UK provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Mars UK is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Mars UK
4,000 In the UK
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Slough, Waltham, Castle Cary, Birstall, Plymouth