Electrical Shift Engineer
**We are offering an attractive joining bonus for candidates who will consider relocating for this role**
Monday - Friday 22:00 – 06:00 (day shift role also available)
Excellent salary PLUS bonus and fantastic benefits
An exciting opportunity to join the Mars Wrigley factory in Plymouth as a Electrical Shift Engineer has become available, to support Plymouth on its journey to becoming a world class factory. The primary responsibility of the role is to maintain plant equipment and fix mechanical / electrical issues sitewide. For this role a strong electrical bias with control / automation skill will be required, along with an intermediate level of mechanical expertise.
What are we looking for?
- Proven experience in diagnosing and fixing automation, electrical and mechanical issues, with an electrical bias, within an FMCG environment.
- An action orientated, results driven, problem solver that works well with people and can prioritise workloads with ease.
- Higher National Certificate (HNC) in an electrical/automation or multiskilled engineering discipline is desirable, supported by suitable experience.
What would be your key responsibilities?
- As an Electrical Shift Engineer you will be performing fault diagnosis and resolving random failures on production machinery. Such as, automation, electrical and mechanical issues.
- Escalate maintenance issues where necessary.
- Detailed reporting and recording of maintenance work.
- Provide technical experience/expertise/ information to assist others in resolution of equipment issue.
- Drive reactive maintenance continuous improvement
- Undertake preventative maintenance activities, equipment checks, repairs etc.
- Conduct training and coaching of all operators, technicians and apprentices
- Monitor and reduce the amount of energy consumed
- Complete risk assessment / permit to work and formulate method statements to assist in safe undertaking of any activity.
- Measures and monitors both the quality of work and the accurate recording of shift reliability issues
What can you expect from Mars?
- An industry competitive salary + shift allowance
- An attractive benefits package, including an 8% performance bonus, pension scheme up to 9% employer contribution, private medical care and life insurance
- Work with over 130,000 diverse and talented associates, all guided by the five principles
- Mars have been voted in the Top 10 of UK ‘Great Places to Work’ since 2016
- A company that understands the importance of a work-life balance. 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- You can count on our commitment to your growth and development as you work across our world-famous brands. Mentoring and coaching tailored to each individual’s diverse background
If you're looking to work for an innovative, forward-thinking and thriving global business then look no further! We would love to hear from you so get in touch!
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
We asked employees of Mars UK how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Additional employee ratings
(these do not contribute to the FlexScore®)
Working at Mars UK
4,000 In the UK
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Slough, Waltham, Castle Cary, Birstall, Plymouth