Electrical Maintenance Engineer
Salary £58,000 - £64,000 (inclusive of shift allowance and factory performance annual bonus)
+ £5,000 Welcome Bonus
Shifts 2 days, 2 nights, 4 off (7am-7pm / 7pm-7am)
Mars have been a global company, and family-owned business for over a century. For generations, you and your family — including the four-legged members — have loved our brands, products and services. Some of our most loved products include M&M’S®, SNICKERS®, ORBIT®, SKITTLES®, PEDIGREE®, WHISKAS®, Ben’s Original™, and Dolmio®.
At Mars Wrigley we have an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Maintenance Engineer to come and join our largest manufacturing site in the UK, where we produce 3 million Mars bars a day!
Working as part of a team, you will be accountable for maintaining plant equipment and fixing electrical/mechanical issues sitewide. The role will mainly focus on providing equipment troubleshooting and reactive maintenance. As troubleshooting requirements are accomplished, the engineer will change focus toward preventive maintenance activities.
What are we looking for?
- Strong electrical bias ideally with control/automation skills, along with an intermediate level of mechanical expertise.
- Engineering Qualification such as Served Apprenticeship and/or HNC, NVQ or equivalent.
- Experience in diagnosing and resolving Electrical, Controls and Mechanical issues.
- Experience in either FMCG or manufacturing environment (or similar) on industrial equipment.
- Action oriented and experienced in basic and complex problem solving and prioritizing breakdowns.
What will be your key responsibilities?
- You will be responsible for fault diagnosis and resolving technical failures on production machinery. Such as Electrical, Controls and Mechanical issues
- Detailed reporting and recording of maintenance work using our SAP system.
- Provide technical support and coaching to assist others in resolution of equipment failures with Safety and Quality in mind.
- Drive and participate in continuous improvement initiatives (Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen).
- Perform Root Cause Failure Analysis on major unplanned breakdowns and recurring problems.
- Undertake preventative maintenance activities, repairs, filler jobs etc.
- Work with engineering on specific electrical and or controls projects from design to startup, including HMI/PLC programming/fault diagnostics (predominately AB), installation, checkout, start-up, and training.
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 diverse and talented Associates, all guided by The Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Mars UK provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Mars UK is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Mars UK
4,000 In the UK
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Slough, Waltham, Castle Cary, Birstall, Plymouth