This role serves as the Digital counterpart to the R&D product and process owner. Through this partnership, this role will ensure the effective delivery of the program with its key business outcomes, critical success factors, and in keeping with all recognized program management best practices.
Serves as part of the global digital organization focused on R&D transformation, with key adjacencies in the overall Value Chain Transformation program (ERP / S4) and E2E Supply Transformation.
Initial focus will be on program delivery, though this is expected to shift towards BAU product mgmt. structures including DevOps and release mgmt. over time.
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Lead the DT contribution for the Insights & Knowledge area of the global R&D digital transformation program as part of Digital First.
- Step-change value creation for pets and pet parents by digitalising R&D to accelerate innovation, deliver superior propositions and fuel an integrated supply chain, with increased agility and reduced cost.
- Ensure effective delivery of the product development area within the R&D transformational agenda in accordance with recognized best practice of program management. This includes budget management, scope control, change management, and people leadership, amongst other dimensions.
- Co-lead with the R&D product and process owner the product development area as part of a multi-disciplinary global program, partnering extensively with functional and DT leaders (VP and Director level).
- Directly manage 3rd party System Integrator (SI) partners, including contracting, supervisory, and deliverables signoff.
- Partner with Mars Global Services Global Digital Operations organization to account for all necessary integration, architectural, infrastructure, and service / sustainment requirements.
- Other job duties as assigned.
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 diverse and talented Associates, all guided by the Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Mars UK provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Mars UK is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Mars UK
4,000 In the UK
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Slough, Waltham, Castle Cary, Birstall, Plymouth