Localisation: Aimargues (30 minutes from Montpellier), Haguenau (30 minutes from Strasbourg), Slough (United-Kingdom)
Type of contract: permanent contract
This role provides project/program leadership for EOS Global Direct Buying functional area as a large complex global business change program. The scope includes coordinating the program organization, direction and implementation of a set of projects and transformational activities to achieve the outcomes and realize the benefits of strategic importance to the organization. He/She will be responsible for leading and managing the setting up of the program/project through to build of new capabilities, realization of benefits, support the deployment in the market/factory, and support deployment for the central RC Direct Buying team. The primary responsibility is for successful build and support the deployment of new capabilities. He/She will also need to partner with RC Functional Experts, Mars DT Directors, and business/function leaders to deliver business transformation at scale, deploy the processes and IT tools against the agreed roadmap.
What are we looking for?
- IT Master Degree , Graduated from a Business School, or Degree from leading university
- 10+ years experience in a related order to procure to pay and/or SAP implementation
- Project & Program Management
- Budget Management
- Stakeholder Relationship Management of functional experts
- Knowledge of IT solutions and/or relevant business areas
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Accountable and responsible for large Program/Project management of up to $1M in annual programs/ projects, securing key objectives and benefits delivery through expert management of quality, costs and time.
- Leads a high performing team of contractors
- For programs it includes, coordinating the organization, direction and implementation of a set of projects and transformational activities Management of senior stakeholders within specific functional areas (direct Buying and Interdependencies)
- Functional / technical leadership for large/complex work streams.
- Own and lead the program/projects governance processes with relevant function leaders and Mars DT senior Directors.
- Oversees the build and delivery of the business application through the Development team and ensures successful handover to deployment team and GDO.
- Responsible for the building of global Direct Buying IT capabilities which are aligned with the corporate functional & segment strategies, engaging functional business partnership and utilizing development, deployment, and DT teams as appropriate.
- Establish and support regional transformation programs that develop and/or deploy new global capabilities.
- Provide input to the relevant global governance processes regarding the deployment status and roadmap activation throughout the transformation program/projects.
- Responsible for building and maintaining a high performing program/project teams, providing functional management to business process, information and functional/technical experts as well as development and deployment support resources.
- Own the DT knowledge management for the Direct Buying function including business process documentation process, technical configuration in order to handover to deployment and GDO teams, ensure sustainability of the platform/template and its adoption.
- Applies technical and functional knowledge to design solutions which are in line with technical architecture, database design and performance requirements; and which are appropriate given the context within which they will be implemented.
- Analyzes the business and systems impact of the solution and plans the detailed tasks required to achieve delivery of the fully tested solution.
- Coordinates internal and 3rd party resources during concept & initiation, execution development (design, build, test), implementation and nurturing phases.
- During the execution phases, carries out activities to configure software packages and/or manage technical resources or vendors.
- Delivers solutions which are quality and functionally tested, with supporting program or project documentation which meet functional and technical requirements.
- Identifies Associates induction, application training and education requirements, designs and carries out required training programs.
- Manages 3rd parties to ensure delivery per Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) and recommends improved ways of working.
- Utilizes the Project Portfolio Management (PPM) tool for planning resources, project milestones, risks and financials.
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 diverse and talented Associates, all guided by the Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Mars UK provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Mars UK is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Mars UK
4,000 In the UK
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Slough, Waltham, Castle Cary, Birstall, Plymouth