As our segments ambition for data and analytics expands, we have a role to create and manage data products that accelerate business innovation and value through scalable, trusted data, allowing our segments to unlock value from analytics capabilities and solutions.
This role exists to own the Distributors and EPOS data functional area, cross segment and global. In simple terms in this role you will cooperate with business stakeholders to deliver roadmaps for initiatives, scope requirements and ensure delivery.
The role follows a 15 month Mars Apprenticeship programme in conjunction with Multiverse our delivery partner and is designed to prepare you for a Data Analyst role within the organization. This is achieved through the development of key skills, knowledge and behaviors in line with the L4 Data Analyst Occupational Standard.
What are we looking for?
- Willingness to learn about Data Products, Data architecture etc.
- Demonstrate a passion for data
- Product and/or project management, preferring collaboration with key IT and Segment stakeholders
- Change management
- Solution design, Applications portfolio management
- Candidates must have the right to work in the UK and have lived in the UK continously for the past 3 years
- At least a grade 4/C GCSE (or equivelent) in Maths and English
- Must not have previously studied for the L4 Data Analyst Apprenticehip Standard
Context and Scope
- The role operates across segments and functions partnering with segment Data and Analytics functional experts and functional Business Partnership Managers to support creation of functional strategies and priorities for process and IT capabilities (with the right support of the other Domain Leads overlooking the whole area).
- It brings internal and external consultancy and will develop expertise to influence and drive data and analytics transformation in a sustainable and scalable way for Distributors and ePOS capabilities
- The role will support Mars Wrigley, Pet Nutrition and Food data and analytics transformation multi-year program providing sustainable and scalable data products that will enable the value realization
- You will work with the global business partnership community to convert local demand into global capabilities.
- It defines, embeds, and deploys a defined IT strategy for the Distributors and ePOS areas.
- It works through influencing others without authority
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Ensuring the overall Distributors and ePOS data products roadmap delivery and success delivered by the DDAS team (Demand Data as A Service Team)
- Supports Distributors & ePOS data products roadmap planning, and delivery of existing and new features needed by our segments
- Act as the point of contact together with RTM lead (global and x-segment) for all the Distributors and ePOS data products-related conversations being part of RTM roadmap
- Supports defining the Distributors and ePOS data product roadmap scope, ensures roadmap delivery and governance and report back progress to segment stakeholders
- Acquire the knowledge to lead segment and x-segments programs and initiatives functional fit-gap analysis and provides guidance and recommendation on how to best leverage Distributors and ePOS data products with support of the RTM & Marketing Leads
- Works closely with data product solution engineering and support teams to ensure business case and customer satisfaction goals are met
- Engage with segment Analytics product owners to capture the value case and manage the value realization framework to report back data products value enablement in Distributors and ePOS area
- Helps to provide Distributors & ePOS data functional expertise and develops good technical understanding to support segment business and DT teams to create data products that will accelerate business innovation and value through scalable, trusted data
- Build and develop external perspective and partnership to propose data product innovations (POC)
- Develop understanding of other demand domains such as Category data, DCOM, Marketing (not exhaustive list) to support x-functional conversations
- Collect and Analyze Data for Product Design and Development (customer surveys, customer reviews & interviews)
- Capture and formalize data product functional requirements for the solution and engineering team that will design the data model and architecture.
- Apply product management and design thinking best practices to data products
- Maintain the data product catalogue, functional documentation, and support DDAS portfolio requirements
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 diverse and talented Associates, all guided by The Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
We asked employees of Mars UK how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Additional employee ratings
(these do not contribute to the FlexScore®)
Working at Mars UK
4,000 In the UK
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Slough, Waltham, Castle Cary, Birstall, Plymouth