Overview of Mars Petcare: Mars Petcare comprises of the following divisions: Pet Nutrition, Royal Canin, Mars Veterinary Health, and Science & Diagnostics. Through comprehensive veterinary care, nutrition, breakthrough programs in diagnostics, wearable health monitoring, DNA testing and pet welfare, our 100,000 Petcare Associates help pets in more than 130 countries. This specific role is within the Pet Nutrition division, that includes well-known Pet brands such as Pedigree, Whiskas, Iams, Sheba and many more.
Digital Transformational Program: The Pet Nutrition division is currently undertaking a comprehensive digital transformation program. This program's primary objective is to make digital processes an integral and permanent part of the company's operations.
Requirement for High-Level Technical Expertise: To achieve the digital transformation objectives, Mars Petcare is seeking the highest level of technical and engineering expertise within Global Pet Nutrition Data & Analytics function. This signifies the need for top-tier talent and skillsets in this area.
Building a High-Performing Team: It's crucial to develop a team of talented, innovative, and creative individuals. The goal is to expand the division's capabilities and introduce fresh, innovative ideas into the transformation process.
What are we looking for?
- A skilled engineer on the Petcare Data Platform, helping build the foundations for a better understanding of pets and pet-owners
- Develop Pet Nutrition data products, particularly those for Strategic Revenue Management(SRM) i.e. pricing and promotions
- Manage Pet Nutrition data to produce valuable data assets on pets and pet-owners
- Work in squads to focus on key areas of development for Pet Nutrition and across the Petcare Data Platform
- Work comfortably in an agile and fast paced environment
- Contribute enthusiastically to technical design and brainstorming sessions
- Present brilliant work and success stories to stakeholders and the wider team
- Experience working in a cloud environment (Azure, AWS, GCP)
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Engineer and orchestrate data flows & pipelines in a cloud environment using a progressive tech stack e.g. Databricks, Spark, Python, PySpark, Delta Lake, SQL, Logic Apps, Azure Functions, ADLS, Parquet, Neo4J, Flask
- Ingest and integrate data from a large number of disparate data sources
- Design and build complex data models for analytical insight
- Write high quality code contributing to a platform which is scalable and easy to maintain
- Work closely with analysts, data scientists and technology partners to understand their requirements
- Exercise fluid communication with your team of data engineers
- Adopt DevOps & CI/CD methodologies to collaborate on a growing platform
- Enthusiastically evolve your technical skillset, engage in training and learn new technologies and techniques
- Tackle challenging project tasks demonstrating ownership and responsibility
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 diverse and talented Associates, all guided by the Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Mars UK provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Mars UK is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Mars UK
4,000 In the UK
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Slough, Waltham, Castle Cary, Birstall, Plymouth