To deliver on this ambition of a Powered by Data strategy we need Data Delivery Manager with deep expertise of agile methodologies, long term strategy experience, and product management to drive the multiple initiatives and lead the change in data and pet- and pet-centric thinking across the entire Mars Petcare business, owning everything from identifying gaps and understanding and defining the strategy, to the delivery and execution of a project at team level through agile ceremonies.
We are searching for a highly experienced Data Delivery Manager to help achieve the strategic vision of a pet-centric data organization. As a Data Delivery Manager within the data team, you will be responsible for agile practices within your team, creating an engaging and stimulating environment, enabling them to thrive and delivering great quality and value to our stakeholders. You will also focus on the long-term strategy of the platform understanding the stakeholders and teams needs and own roadmap, vision, and strategy within your product area/s.
What are we looking for?
Educated to degree level
CSM or equivilant Agile certification
Experience in a scrum master/product owner role delivering projects and products through agile, waterfall and hybrid methodologies.
Great at developing new relationships, driving positive change, and highly innovative
Great at developing new relationships, forming strong stakeholder relationships, thoughtfully communicating, driving positive change, and highly innovative and collaborative
Experience in stragetgy project planning, being a project manager owning that full process for ideation to delivery
Advanced expertise in project management & agile tracking software (Jira/Trello/Monday.com etc)
Knowledge of open/inner source methods and ideas
Working knowledge of DevOps Process
Knowledge of the Azure Cloud
Knowledge of Data systems and processes
A basic understanding of software development and development lifecycle is advantageous.
Any blend of technical skills (e.g. Python, SQL, HTML etc.) due to the nature of the stakeholders being developers themselves.
What will be your key responsibilities?
Responsible for ensuring the delivery of projects, through sprint and release planning, facilitating scrum ceremonies and focusing on continuous improvement.
Identifying strategical areas of improvement through talking to the team and stakeholders, ability to figure out solutions to hard problems with many constraints, using sound judgement to assess risks, and to lay out your argument in a well-structured, data-informed way
Work across levels and both internal and external stakeholders and users to analyse, define, and align on business problems and value creation opportunities, identifying the most impactful problems to solve
Ability to articulate the value of metrics and reporting within agile delivery including backlog management, burndown charts and team velocity
Ensure fluid and rapid communication in case of issues, scope changes, estimation inaccuracy or any other situations that could have an impact on the delivery of the team.
Day to day management of the board, improving flow and working with the team to make the most out of utilising user stories for backlog management. Working with other teams in building the platform backlog.
Identifying ways to improve ways of working and workflow (by introducing automation if appropriate)
Working with the tech lead to introduce true DevOps practices and help “close the loop” between users and the development team.
Help the team highlight value and develop metrics and reports which can be presented to senior managers as to the state of the many parallel projects.
Assisting in the role out of inner source and aligning agile process with inner source methodologies.
What can you expect from Mars?
Work with over 130,000 diverse and talented Associates, all guided by The Five Principles.
Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Mars UK provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Mars UK is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Mars UK
4,000 In the UK
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Slough, Waltham, Castle Cary, Birstall, Plymouth
More roles at Mars UK
- Associate Scientist –New Material Compliance
- Global DCom Strategic Demand Director
- Global Director On Demand Delivery
- Global D-Com Enterprise Capabilities Director
- FP&A Business Partner – Mars Global Services
- Global Mars Supply Excellence Manager - Food
- Corporate Affairs Director
- Manufacturing Shift Manager
- Learning Experience Manager
- Customer Service Specialist
- Vetsource International Operations Manager
- Maintenance Data Analyst
- Supply Chain Customer Care Coordinator
- Key Account/Customer Development Management LARs
- Engineer - Electrical
- Mars U Activity Manager
- Global Packaging Strategic Sourcing Manager
- Digital Technologies Portfolio Lead - Pet Nutrition
- Global Finance Vendor Director / Senior Manager
- FP&A Business Partner (Digital)
- Learning Experience Lead
- Sustainable Packaging Procurement coordinator
- European Product Developer (Dry, Care & Treats)
- Maintenance Planner
- Mechanical Engineer - Weekends
- Electrical Engineer - Weekends
- Factory Operator
- Director, Petcare Sustainability Performance Data & Analytics
- Digital Demand Lead - Sales / RGM - Mars Wrigley
- Lead Operator – Weekends
- Operator - Weekends
- Key Account/Customer Development Management (7-8 month cover)
- Manufacturing Team Leader
- European eCom Sales Support
- Data Platform Senior Leader - Mars Wrigley
- Packaging Sustainability Impacts Manager
- Consumer Care Functional Expert
- Mechanical Engineer
- Product Senior Analyst, Customer Relationship / Product Experience
- Executive Assistant
- Global Renewable Energy Program Manager
- Global Data Product Solutions Senior Lead - RTM/MM (F/M/X)
- Petcare Global Head of Talent and EI&D
- P&O Data and Talent Lead
- Packing Operator
- Data Governance Lead
- BDS Product Senior Analyst - SCP
- Portfolio Lead and Process Expert - Petcare
- Global Graphics Systems Manager
- Data Platform Architect
- Lead Operator
- European Amazon Director
- Operator - Night shift
- Global Portfolio Director – Mars Global Services
- User Experience Manager
- Maintenance Data Analyst
- Petcare data and analytics Platform product architect
- Veterinary Field Sales Representative - Yorkshire
- Associate Specialist Quality
- Customer Experience Professional
- Director- Communications & Stakeholder Engagement
- Senior Data Lead, People & Operations Analytics
- Supply Planner
- Behaviour and Training Specialist
- Customer Service Specialist - 1 year contract
- Customer Development Manager - Convenience & High Street
- Internal Communications Manager - Learning (F/M/X)
- Reliability Technician
- VP Science & Technology
- PetCare Marketing Architect
- Controls Electrical Engineer
- Global Pet Nutrition External Communications Director
- Data Scientist Lead (F/M/X)
- Field Sales representative - Berkshire/Hampshire
- Digital Platform Architect (F/M/X)
- Finance Analytics Senior Data Scientist
- Global Data Product Lead - Finance (F/M/X)
- Digital Platform Infrastructure Architect : SAP & ERP (F/M/X)
- Senior Legal Counsel - Regulatory/Food Law (F/M/X)
- Mechanical Maintenance Technician (Days)
- Field Sales Representative - Bradford
- Field Sales Representative - Stoke on Trent
- Data Platform Engineer - SRE (F/M/X)
- Senior Data Solution Architect
- Multi Skilled Engineer
- Engineering Apprentice
- Operations Apprentice
- Global Principal Technologist/Scientist
- Veterinary Nurse Specialist
- FLT Operator
- HR Reporting Analyst/Workday (f/m/x)
- Junior IT Project Manager (F/M/X)
- Mechanical Operator
- Data Engineer
- Pet Unit Specialist
- Cloud Security Architect - Data Analytics Platform (W/M/X)
- International Benefits Specialist
- One Demand Data Analytics (ODDA) DevOps Engineer
- Procurement Excellence Lead
- Senior Data Scientist
- Data Solutions Director