Customer Service Specialist - 6 Month Contract
Castle Cary, Somerset
£24,000 - £26,000
Hybrid working – 2 days a week in our pet friendly office (once training is complete)
Mars have been a global company, and family owned business for over a century. For generations, you and your family — including the four-legged members — have loved our brands, products and services. Some of our most loved products include M&M’S®, SNICKERS®, ORBIT®, SKITTLES®, PEDIGREE®, WHISKAS®, Ben’s Original™, and Dolmio®.
Do you have a love for animals? And are you passionate about service and customer satisfaction? If so, we have a fantastic opportunity to join our Royal Canin Customer Service team.
The Customer Service team are responsible for all inbound telephone calls, ensuring the accurate processing & fulfilment of customer sales orders and the resolution of customer service enquiries. The Customer Services team provide a vital link between the Supply Chain and Field Sales team, driving a collaborative culture between the two functions.
The Customer Service Specialist will provide an excellent customer experience, thereby ensuring customer satisfaction and driving sales growth and retention.
What are we looking for?
- Customer Service contact centre experience.
- A team player who is able to work and build relationships across other teams and functions.
- Basic knowledge of desk-based IT (Outlook, Excel).
- Good problem-solving skills, with a continuous improvement mindset.
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Respond to all customer contacts in a professional and efficient manner, recording relevant information and following up as required.
- Ensure administration of the order process is completed to a high standard to ensure sales orders & deliveries closed meet all customer and company service standards.
- To deal with all Customer enquiries, claims & complaints through to the satisfaction of the customer or escalate to the Senior Customer Service Specialist / Customer Service Manager.
- Ensure all activities are carried out within prescribed lead times ensuring KPI’s can be achieved.
- Build a solid relationship with Field Sales Teams and work with them to deliver customer commitments.
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 diverse and talented Associates, all guided by The Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Mars UK provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Mars UK is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Mars UK
4,000 In the UK
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Slough, Waltham, Castle Cary, Birstall, Plymouth