Controls Electrical Engineer
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire
Salary Package from £47,935.30 (inclusive of company bonus and shift pay), plus benefits
Shift Pattern 4 on 4 off, (12 hour days/nights)
Mars have been a global company, and family owned business for over a century. For generations, you and your family — including the four-legged members — have loved our brands, products and services. Some of our most loved products include M&M’S®, SNICKERS®, ORBIT®, SKITTLES®, PEDIGREE®, WHISKAS®, Ben’s Original™, and Dolmio®.
At Mars Petcare we have an opportunity for a Controls Electrical Engineer to join and be responsible for the efficient, safe, and reliable operating condition of complex process and high-speed food processing equipment.
The role will mainly focus on providing equipment troubleshooting and breakdown maintenance. Other duties include participating in continuous improvement teams, working on new project activities and continuous training.
What are we looking for?
- Controls electrical engineering experience, HNC / HND (NVQ LV4 apprenticeship or equivalent)
- Knowledge of precision instrumentation, repair, and calibration
- Programmable Logic Controller, troubleshooting, repair and adjustment
- Single and 3-phase powered equipment (troubleshoot, test, and repair)
- AC and DC control systems (troubleshoot, test, and repair)
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Maintain, troubleshoot, test, modify, and program automated, electromechanical equipment
- Eliminate production problems and improve efficiency and reliability
- Develop, track, and communicate maintenance specific metrics
- Participation in continuous improvement activities (Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen)
- Perform Root Cause Failure Analysis on unplanned breakdowns and recurring problems
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 diverse and talented Associates, all guided by The Five Principles
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Mars UK provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Mars UK is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Mars UK
4,000 In the UK
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Slough, Waltham, Castle Cary, Birstall, Plymouth