- The BDS Product Lead manages the team that provides functional and technical expertise on the Data & New Tech (Data Lake, Databricks, Azure Analytic Service, BO, Power BI, etc.) as in charge of design, development, deployment, further evolution, and support of Global Applications products to business users, including ITIL Service Delivery process, Deliver Continuous Improvement, Deployment project roles and Service Introduction project roles. This role will be part of the Global Business Delivery Service team based in different locations across the globe.
What are we looking for?
- IT Background
- ITIL, PMI, Agile, DevOps, Scrum certifications will be a plus.
- Strong Data & Analytic area Knowledge, preferred on FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods) industry. Experience on Business areas will be a plus.
- 5-7 Years experience preferred on Product and Services on Data Lake, Databricks, Azure Analytic Service, BO, Power BI, etc.
- Agile and DevOps experience will be a plus.
- Capable and Flexible to develop IT Knowledge and Leadership
- Architecture and Functional knowledge on Data & Analytic area
- Demonstrate Line Management Experience and Capability
- Ability to work effectively in a flexible and changing environment and manage multiple activities and priorities.
- Knowledge on Mars products and environments ideally on the Data & Analytic area will be a plus.
- Financial and Budget management experience
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Product Management overall accountability, including lifecycle management for services and products on Data Lake, Databricks, Azure Analytic Service, BO, Power BI, etc.
- Support, Influence and contribute with Leadership to define strategy for IT Solutions, in line with operational excellence strategies and Transformational programs and business capabilities strategies.
- Maintain awareness of industry directions for products and services in the Data Lake, Databricks, Azure Analytic Service, BO, Power BI, etc., to define new, cost-effective solutions or evolve existing solutions in an optimal manner.
- Service management with 3rd Party vendors based on role model operational excellence, with overall accountability on the metrics for service (SLAs. Availability, performance, etc.)
- Accountable for regular status updates to stakeholders on progress for all demands raised by Business.
- Development management with 3rd Party vendors based on role model development excellence, with overall accountability on metrics for development.
- Escalation points for any business demands, working with his team and Business stakeholders to address, engaging all resources needed for solve this demand.
- Sustain the user community and develop the key users, functional expert, and product owner’s network.
- Engage and collaborate with other teams when is needed (for example: Platform, Database, Security, Processing, Deployment, Development, other BCF towers in BDS, etc.) to address Business needs.
- Collaborate with projects according to Mars DT signature processes, including assign and facilitate Product BDS Co-Pilot for programs and projects.
- Budget management for all product area and functions.
- Line Management of team, with coach and development as well responsible to assure resources knowledge on Mars business processes and development/projects techniques and methodologies.
- Role model agile behaviors & methods with customers and peers
- High level for Customer satisfaction accountability
- Contribute to HUB Talent Pipeline strategy.
- Ensure succession plan with the team
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 diverse and talented Associates, all guided by the Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Mars UK provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Mars UK is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Mars UK
4,000 In the UK
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Slough, Waltham, Castle Cary, Birstall, Plymouth