There is an exciting opportunity to join the R&D team as our next Quality Assurance Specialist. This role is accountable for driving the quality agenda and leading implementation and governance of all Quality and Food Safety requirements. The objective of this role is to achieve and maintain a high standard of food safety performance.
What are we looking for?
- Degree in Food Science, Engineering or Chemistry is essential
- Experience in a food manufacturing environment or food retail business working in a quality, food safety or process/product development.
- Demonstrated knowledge in auditing Quality Management Systems
- Ability to collaborate and influence cross functionally to achieve objectives
- Energy to learn, grow, and develop your skills
What will be your key responsibilities?
Responsible for Site QMP maintenance and QMP Internal audits program
- Deploys QMP standards into the factory as per global implementation plan
- Ensures that the QMP is effectively implemented and can be verified on a regular basis through process confirmation
- Organizes internal and external audits (LRQA, Kosher, RSPO) and provides all necessary communication to all relevant stakeholders in advance
- Provides appropriate training for QMP internal auditors
- Site representative in regional QMP related communities of practice
- Organizes events to drive Quality Culture on site (such as Quality Day, Quality Conversations etc.)
CAPA and follow up process owner
- Maintains and develop the site process of local and regional CAPA management including validation and verification
- Ensures CAPA are created for regional and local Q&FS incidents and findings from audits are closed out according to the QMP requirements, through clear root cause identification
- Supports root cause analysis for non-conformities from audits and incidents
Q&FS review preparation
- Coordinate preparation for QMP management review and keep records
Q&FS Standards Ownership (T4, T5 roll out plan at site)
- Accountable for timely T4, T5 preparation and implementation
- Provides necessary communication to stakeholders and reporting on Q&FS standards implementation and compliance
- Supports CAB calculation and further projects implementation within T5 roll out deadlines
Traceability lead for the site
- Responsible for the implementation of the traceability standard including training of the traceability team
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 diverse and talented Associates, all guided by the Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Mars UK provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Mars UK is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Mars UK
4,000 In the UK
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Slough, Waltham, Castle Cary, Birstall, Plymouth