12 month Fixed Term contract
Waltham on the Wolds or Slough, hybrid working possible
The Apprentices Program Manager plays a key role in delivering the Mars UK apprenticeships talent agenda. This crucial role exists to bring new capabilities and diverse talent into the organisation, and aims to strengthen Mars UK’s early talent pipeline through the design and delivery of a ‘best in class’ internal and external apprenticeship program The role sits within the Regional Early Talent team and reports to the Europe, Middle East, Africa and India Early Talent Lead.
What are we looking for?
- Ability to communicate and engage at all levels in the organisation – able to influence senior leaders.
- Comprehensive technical understanding of the Apprentice landscape in the UK (e.g. Levy requirements, ESFA funding rules)
- Experience managing apprentice program cycles – recruitment and program management elements.
- Passion for inclusion and diversity and making a difference in this area.
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Partner with the Mars segments and functional leadership teams on their long-term talent agenda, providing thought partnership on how best to utilize apprenticeship levy funding to upskill existing associates and new talent.
- Deploy apprenticeship strategy and partner with the segments and functional heads/steering teams to ensure that available apprenticeship standards meet the needs of the business to build capabilities and skills in priority areas. Map new standards where required with providers
- Onboard and partner with existing and new providers to build new and appropriate delivery models that meets the needs of the business and the learners- this will include identification of appropriate colleges, working patterns, program outcomes and appropriate end point assessment
- Vendor management of external partners with our commercial team, ensuring due diligence, performance reviews, escalating service gaps where appropriate and managing contractual changes when required.
- Manage relationships between training providers, internal steering teams, and apprentices to ensure a seamless and quality candidate and associate experience
- Partnering with business stakeholders to create policies for young people in the workplace, this will include Safeguarding, health and safety, risk assessment, on-boarding and mentoring
- Develop partnerships and networks externally to support apprenticeships strategy, with special focus on driving inclusion and diversity at Mars.
- Play a lead a crucial role in the managing the fundamental aspects of the talent acquisition process, partnering with the wider TA team and Apprentice Training Executive
What can you expect from Mars?
Work with over 130,000 diverse and talented associates, all guided by The Five Principles.
Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
[Insert any additional market/role specific benefits that the candidate might be interested in]
Find out more about what Mars can offer you by visiting our Global Careers site.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Mars UK provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Mars UK is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Mars UK
4,000 In the UK
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Slough, Waltham, Castle Cary, Birstall, Plymouth