Ledgy’s mission is to democratize ownership in startups. We create transparency for all stakeholders of a company and bring scalability to important processes for founders such as managing their stockholders, preparing financing rounds, and granting equity to all their employees.
Ledgy was founded in Switzerland in 2017 – in fact, we were the first ever Swiss company to be backed by Sequoia Capital. 🇨🇭 Today, Ledgy is a pan-European company with offices in London and Berlin as well as our HQ in Zürich.
We are proud to partner with some of the world’s leading investors. New Enterprise Associates led our $22m Series B round in 2022, with Jonathan Golden joining Sequoia’s Luciana Lixandru on our board. We are now focused on building incredible equity experiences for companies and teams, to make Europe the best place in the solar system to own equity 👩🏻🚀🚀
We encourage diversity and are an international team of 72 people, coming from 26 different countries and speaking 25 different languages.
We believe that startups are a main driver of positive change in the world and help create equal opportunities for everyone outside of corporate hierarchies. Humanity needs solutions for the current challenges, like climate change and the best source for this innovation are startups. We try to live by strong moral values and offer an example to other companies, while helping them be more successful with our product so they can drive the change forward.
We believe that equal opportunities for all social groups of society are necessary, and are committed to a culture where everyone feels welcome and respected. Psychological safety and a culture of modesty and openness is important to us.
We sincerely live and work by our beliefs so every hire for us is an important one. We’ve done a great job so far in building our team and our hope is that you will be able to join us.
About the Role:
As a Senior Software Engineer at Ledgy, your mission is to write beautiful code, design an elegant data-processing architecture, and collaborate with others to build a platform that is secure and unbreakable.
At Ledgy, you will
- Join our product development team as a full-stack web engineer alongside 22 developers, 3 product managers, 3 designers, Head of Product, Head of Eng, CTO, and CPO as a full-stack web engineer
- Design a robust architecture to move fast and occasionally break things 🌳
- Exchange code reviews with our experienced software developers
- Enjoy the delights of analytical tasks and logical reasoning 🖖
- Boldly guide our team to where no web engineering department has gone before 👩🚀
- Experience a new paradigm of web development that blurs the boundaries between back-end and front-end engineering 🌌
The job is a good fit if you enjoy
- Sharing your experience and help with the growth of the next generation of full-stack web engineers 👩🏫
- Mentoring experienced web engineers in TypeScript, CSS, React ⚛️
- Scaling a large web application written in Meteor, NodeJS, and MongoDB 🎹
- Having regular brainstorming sessions and improve the code organization 🧠
- Setting up build processes using Babel, Webpack, and GitHub Actions ⚙️
- Designing a robust infrastructure on the Google Cloud Platform 🚉
- Applying functional programming paradigms in web engineering ⛓
- Naming even complicated variables the right way 👨🏻🌾
Being part of Ledgy means to
- See “the whole journey” and be one of the first team members of a company that scales from Switzerland to be the major player in Europe and globally
- Work with a passionate team with diverse interests such as the outdoors ⛰️, meditation 🧘, and space exploration 🌌
- Have a chance to get to know the startup world and it’s leaders inside and out
- Have flexible working hours, be able to work remotely, and benefit from 25 days of vacation
- Get stock options to become an owner of Ledgy yourself
- Take part in company off-sites and in optional regular team activities
…all this to create a fun 🎉 and productive 👩🏾💻 working environment where personal hobbies and projects have enough space as well.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Ledgy provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Ledgy is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Ledgy
Gender diversity (male:female)