Associate / Senior Associate
We are JBM, an award-winning recruitment & search firm that places executive talent and future leaders into high growth Startups & Scaleups and world class VC firms.
We pride ourselves on adding value and always innovating, that’s why we created the podcast 40 Minute Mentor podcast and our video series’ for aspiring COO’s and Chief of Staff’s.
Most importantly, we’re on a mission to disrupt the traditional recruitment model.
JBM Executive Search & SOS:
JBM Executive Search works on Permanent as well as Fractional C-Suite/ VP Level Roles. Our bread and butter are Operational, Commercial (Sales & Marketing) and Strategic roles but we have also recently expanded into Product, People and Legal roles and have also worked on numerous VC roles in the past 3 years.
Seeing the demand and the need, in late 2020 we launched an on-demand talent solution called JBM SOS which focuses on the Fractional roles.
SOS Fractional Roles (Mostly VP and C-Suite roles) can be Full-time or Part-time roles and can last anything from 1 week to 6 months and can even transition into permanent roles. We have purposefully kept this proposition very flexible to truly represent and support the reality of the current job market in early-stage tech sector.
We are looking to bring in a high calibre talent professional, on a full-time basis to help us take the Exec Search team to the next level…
This is an amazing time to join our high performing team, working alongside James (Founder) and Louise (Principal & Acting Head of Research), as well as Marina (Principal) and Ben N (Engagement Manager) to support and connect mission driven Scaleups with the best permanent as well as interim and fractional leaders.
Responsibilities would include:
● Leading the research strategy and efforts for all retained executive search mandates.
● Leading on all pitch and initial 1st Stage assessment calls with all candidates.
● Building amazing talent pools of Ops, Commercial & Growth candidates within the tech
ecosystem for our fractional offering.
● Delighting our clients and candidates with 10* customer service and expertly managing
● Working in close partnership with Scaleup Founders / CxO level executives and VC Investors as a trusted partner and thought leader.
● Building your own personal brand on LinkedIn and supporting wider JBM marketing efforts.
● Collaborating closely with JBM colleagues to cross sell, solve problems and have fun!
The ideal candidate will have the below experience and characteristics:
● 6-18 months experience in a talent role. (Interim experience is a nice to have)
● A proven track-record of recruiting for Tech Startup or Scaleup clients & a keen interest in Tech.
● Experience building in depth talent pools of candidates.
● An ability to build rapport quickly and develop strong relationships with clients and candidates.
● A proactive self-starter who loves a challenge and is comfortable working at startup pace.
● A sunny disposition, bags of ambition and a strong alignment to our mission to change hearts
and minds about recruitment.
We believe this is a fantastic opportunity for a recruiter who maybe frustrated working for a more transactional recruitment firm and wants to accelerate their career in a dynamic setting.
You’ll be given responsibility and trust from day one and access to a very hot desk with a clear progression path. You’ll also have the chance to get involved with all aspects of JBM life from socials to events, marketing and hiring.
We want ‘owners’ not ‘renters’ who really buy into our values and who will play a key role in scaling our business over the next few years and in return, JBM offer a generous profit share to reward collaboration and commitment.
We also want you to be happy to come to work every day and to feel like you’re constantly learning, developing and playing an integral role in shaping the future of JBM.
We also provide the following:
● Competitive commission and rewards structure, including our biannual company profit share bonus (eligible after 6 months)
● Flexible working: we are a remote first company with an office off Bermondsey St, London Bridge and Soho (please note: this role is based in London)
● Pension (5% employee contribution, 3% JBM contribution via NEST) £50 per month benefits allowance
● £500 L&D budget per year
● A Macbook Pro
● Unlimited leave
● x4 wellness days a year
● Access to Emplomind (mental health support)
● Free lunch on Thursdays
● Dedicated mentorship from an industry leader and regular exposure to our board of advisors (who include a Scaleup leader and award-winning Entrepreneur)
● Fun monthly and quarterly socials and a company-wide summer retreat (with plus 1’s)
We asked employees of JBM how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at JBM
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, United Kingdom