A little flex time
Team Lead - GB Data Support
Working at Ito World
We’re a mission-driven and diverse team of 90+ people from over 18 countries with a passion for technology and transportation. We’re interested in talented, curious people that share our mission and love data as much as we do.
What we do
At Ito World, we solve transportation challenges across the globe for millions of travellers every day, by delivering real-time transit data feeds to journey planners and a platform for transit authorities and operators. Our clients include Google, Apple, Microsoft and public sector organisations such as the Department of Transport and Transport for West Midlands.
Leading a team of Transit Data Analysts and reporting into the Customer Success Team, you’ll take responsibility for building high quality public transit data models for a range of private and public sector customers.
This is a very hands-on role, working closely with a team of transit specialists, system administrators, the customer success team including project managers, as well as the engineering teams. You’ll need to be highly organised, comfortable juggling multiple projects, be proactive and set clear priorities for the team. As well as this you must be comfortable communicating with multiple internal and external stakeholders to provide weekly updates on project statuses.
You’ll be comfortable taking the initiative and want to make a difference, by finding ways to improve our processes, the tools we use and help develop the knowledge and skills of those on your team.
This is a key role within the Customer Success Team, and is suitable for someone with a strong record of delivering projects as well as someone who is comfortable working with large datasets. You’ll be ready to step-up, take on new challenges, and be accountable and responsible for managing and developing those on your team. If you have knowledge of the transport industry and/or transit data, that's a bonus!
Ito World has a flexible and remote working culture and will consider applicants that want to work fully remote from anywhere in the UK. We also have an office in Cambridge to accommodate those who prefer to work onsite / hybrid.
What you’ll do
- Communicate clearly to ensure everyone on the team understands their priorities, making sure we always deliver to our client commitments
- Translate client commitments and quarterly goals into tasks with clear expectations and deadlines for everyone on the team
- Ensure that project plans are in place and the team’s activities are organised to deliver each project to a high standard
- Take pride in, and responsibility for, ensuring that transit data is well maintained and we take appropriate steps to elevate the quality of transit data delivered to our clients
- Keep on top of the day-to-day operations and be comfortable raising awareness of any risks, data quality concerns or delivery delays early, so that action can be taken
- Help drive efficiency by following processes & procedures
- Make use of management information to help the team work as efficiently and productively as possible
- Document and mature data support processes by creating internal and external knowledge base articles. Be responsive and communicate clearly to all data partner and client support requests
- Ensure that all Support tickets are dealt with and responded to quickly to meet client SLAs
- Assist with recruitment, and take responsibility to ensure that all new starters are properly inducted into the business and receive the necessary training and support to be productive within three-months of joining
- Work with the Customer Success Team to drive continuous improvement
What you need to have
- Organisation & planning skills - proven experience of developing plans and scheduling and prioritising work , to keep everyone focused on key business priorities.
- Attention to detail - ability to make sound judgements, to identify and prioritise relevant technical details that deliver customer value and ensure key tasks do not get forgotten
- Customer Service - experience of being able to clearly communicate complex issues in simple terms to customers.
- Enthusiasm - exhibits passion and excitement over work. Has a can-do attitude.
- Flexibility and adaptability - adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Persistence - demonstrates tenacity & willingness to go the distance to get something done
- Teamwork & leadership - communicates and co-operates well with peers and across teams, including in a remote working environment, to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
Other desirable skills and experience
- Experience of using ticketing software (e.g. Freshdesk)
- Experience setting up management and reporting dashboards
- Scripting and programming experience in Python (or similar)
- SQL knowledge
- ITIL certification
What we offer
- Flexible & remote working to suit all lifestyles and life stages.
- Enhanced pension and health insurance after 2 years' service.
- Life Assurance.
- 25 days + bank holidays as standard.
- Flexible Public Holidays - option to swap up to 5 UK public holidays to celebrate the festival of your choice. Choose an alternative day that fits your personal values, beliefs or celebration calendar better.
- New parents take a day off to celebrate your child’s first birthday.
- Enhanced parental leave policy.
- Wellbeing and employee assistance programme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Free bike repair service for those that commute by bike.
- Free breakfast and snacks when working from the office.
- Regular team lunches and team socials.
Equity, diversity and inclusion at Ito World
At Ito World we believe diverse perspectives make for a better company and better products too. We strongly encourage applications from underrepresented groups and are committed to equality and inclusivity in our hiring processes and company culture.
By submitting this application you agree to Ito World retaining your personal data on a "legitimate interest" basis. For further details see our privacy statement.