A little flex time
Head of HR
About Ito World
Ito World solves transportation challenges across the globe for millions of travellers everyday…probably even you! Ito aims to reduce pollution and congestion in urban environments globally. We deliver data and software solutions that make it easier for the public to discover and navigate shared transport options, such as public transport and micro mobility. We work with prominent tech companies such as Google and Apple along with governments around the world to maximize our impact.
The HR Team
As we pursue our mission and serve our customers, we must build our HR capabilities and culture to support these efforts. The Head of HR will lead a team of two and will work with the Strategy and Business Transformation Director to build out a robust HR Strategy, that enables optimal business performance across all functions. The HR team is a key supporting function to assist the business in delivering its three-year strategy, and as such the incumbent will ultilise their capabilities to affect positive change and improvement across all people management processes.
Scope of the Role
In this role as Head of HR, reporting into the Strategy and Business Transformation Director, you will be a pivotal part of our business transformation. You will support the delivery of our company strategy, by developing a HR Strategy that ensures we have the right people, in the right roles, who are fairly compensated and motivated to deliver. You will develop a HR team to assist in managing recruitment, onboarding, learning & development and employee engagement.
How You’ll Succeed
- Own the delivery of the HR strategy in line with business transformation objectives and the company mission and vision:
- Develop a plan that delivers investment in employee engagement and supports a high performing management team.
- Deliver a retention plan that balances monetary compensation, career opportunities and a commitment to inclusivity.
- Optimise our target operating model, in line with business growth, considering employees v contractors, offshore v inhouse and an intern scheme.
- Implement a Performance Management process and actively work alongside the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) to ensure they understand the process of producing objectives, succession plans and performance improvement plans.
- Ensure a robust employer brand that showcases Ito World as a great place work, with clearly articulated values that tie to our mission and vision.
- Proactively assess compensation and benefits to attract the best talent and maintain Ito World’s ability to be competitive in the market.
- Oversee and manage all people-related matters, acting as a HR Business Partner for the SLT.
- Conduct and collate Ito World’s Employee Engagement surveys and ensure outputs are fed into the employee engagement strategy.
- Perform benchmarking and job analysis reviews, ensuring promotion and pay rises are fair, in line with gender pay gap and benchmarked against industry.
- Be the main HR contact for the SLT supporting and coaching them as required in areas such as disciplinary grievances, performance management, redundancy and HR polices.
- Assist the Strategy and Business Transformation Director in creating an annual HR budget, proactively looking at cost savings.
- Review HR systems and databases to ensure scalability and efficiency.
- Updated and improve company policies
- Drive and deliver key strategic HR initiatives to support business needs.
What it Takes
- You can demonstrate experience in creating and implementing HR strategies, suitable for a scaling company.
- You understand what is required to develop and nurture talent, in line with retaining high performers.
- You have implemented a performance management/objectives process and been a strong advocate for measuring employee capabilities.
- You can help those around you handle uncertainty, understanding how to motivate others to buy-in to change, whilst advocating a positive working culture.
- You understand the nuances of scaling a business and how to manage the changes to employees and ways of working.
- You are comfortable taking initiative and actively seek out opportunities to drive our continued success.
- You are results-focused and work collaboratively & pro-actively.
- You can communicate with intent and purpose to influence internal stakeholder groups and drive cross-functional collaboration towards common goals.
Professional development is an area that is very important to us at Ito World. We understand that access to training and education in the workplace improves prospects for promotion and can help open up future career paths.
We take the time to work with each member of the team and help them to take control of their personal development. This ranges from helping them feel confident when taking on new challenges, to working with them to plan their goals for the future.
Learning is supported to help our team members grow their skills, and we encourage sharing knowledge through a number of guilds, allowing for collaborative learning.
What we offer
- Flexible & remote working to suit all lifestyles and life stages.
- Enhanced pension and health insurance after 2 years' service.
- Life Assurance.
- 25 days + bank holidays as standard.
- Flexible Public Holidays - option to swap up to 5 UK public holidays to celebrate the festival of your choice. Choose an alternative day that fits your personal values, beliefs or celebration calendar better.
- New parents take a day off to celebrate your child’s first birthday.
- Enhanced parental leave policy.
- Wellbeing and employee assistance programme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Free bike repair service for those that commute by bike.
- Regular team lunches and team socials.
Equity, diversity and inclusion at Ito World
At Ito World we believe diverse perspectives make for a better company and better products too. We strongly encourage applications from underrepresented groups and are committed to equality and inclusivity in our hiring processes and company culture.
By submitting this application you agree to Ito World retaining your personal data on a "legitimate interest" basis. For further details see our privacy statement.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Ito World provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Ito World is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Ito World
Gender diversity (male:female)
Remote across the UK with a co-working space in Cambridge should you choose to work in an office
What employees are saying
"Very genuinely, Ito World is the best company I have ever worked for. Without exception, the team is competent, supportive, and a pleasure to work with. The senior leadership team truly does value all employees' input and regularly invites and acts on everyone's suggestions to continue making the company an inclusive, flexible, and enjoyable place to work."
Anonymous Ito World Employee