Frontend Developer (Angular/TypeScript)
Working at Ito World
We’re a mission-driven and diverse team of 90+ people from over 18 countries with a passion for technology and transportation.
We’re interested in talented, curious people that share our mission and love data as much as we do.
What we do
At Ito World, we solve transportation challenges across the globe for millions of travellers every day, by delivering real-time transit data feeds to journey planners and a platform for transit authorities and operators.
Our clients include Google, Apple, Microsoft and public sector organisations such as the Department of Transport, Transport for Greater Manchester and Transport for West Midlands.
We are looking for a talented UI Developer with experience of building web applications and using the Angular framework to join our development team at Ito World.
As a key member of the team, you will be working in an environment that values your enthusiasm and ideas as well as your development skills and experience. You will also have great attention to detail and are passionate about delivering high-quality code that has been well tested and documented.
Ito World has a flexible and remote working culture and will consider applicants that want to work fully remote from anywhere in the UK. We also have an office in Cambridge to accommodate those who prefer to work onsite / hybrid.
What you’ll be doing
Reporting to the Full-Stack Team Lead, you will be:
- Work closely with the product manager, helping them capture requirements and create designs.
- Creating visually appealing and intuitive UIs with Angular.
- Consuming RESTful and/or GraphQL APIs to interact with back-end systems.
- Take part in peer design and code reviews.
- Writing clean, readable code and unit-tests for UI components.
- Building interactive visualisations with charts and maps for rich transit data.
What skills you have
We would expect you to be educated to degree level and have the necessary skills in the following areas:
- Angular 2+ application development (preferably 11+)
- Experience breaking down larger feature requirements into small, implementable Angular modules, components and services.
- Writes reusable SCSS, using modern CSS best practices; strong understanding of the CSS box model
- Familiar with reactive programming, especially RxJS
- Prefers to create and re-use components where possible
- Optimisation and performance profiling of complex browser-based applications.
- Experience of using RESTful and/or GraphQL APIs to retrieve data and interact with systems.
- Understanding of Git and Git workflows.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum development methodologies.
- A good eye for design and layout that is supported by an online portfolio of your work
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other developers, testers and product managers.
Other skills that would be desirable include Jira (or some other sprint/issue tracking system), CI/CD Pipelines, Docker, and cloud-based systems.
Professional development is an area that is very important to us at Ito World. We understand that access to training and education in the workplace improves prospects for promotion and can help open up future career paths.
We take the time to work with each member of the team and help them to take control of their personal development. This ranges from helping them feel confident when taking on new challenges, to working with them to plan their goals for the future.
To facilitate continuous learning, the team has access to online resources as well as training courses and mentoring. They are also encouraged to share areas of interest with the wider team to help foster a culture of learning.
What we offer
- Flexible & remote working to suit all lifestyles and life stages
- Enhanced pension and health insurance after 2 years' service
- Life Insurance
- 25 days + bank holidays as standard
- Flexible Public Holidays - option to swap up to 5 UK public holidays to celebrate the festival of your choice. Choose an alternative day that fits your personal values, beliefs or celebration calendar better
- New parents take a day off to celebrate your child’s first birthday
- Enhanced parental leave policy
- Wellbeing and employee assistance programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free bike repair service for those that commute by bike
- Regular team lunches and team socials
Equity, diversity and inclusion at Ito World
At Ito World we believe diverse perspectives make for a better company and better products too. We strongly encourage applications from underrepresented groups and are committed to equality and inclusivity in our hiring processes and company culture.
By submitting this application you agree to Ito World retaining your personal data on a "legitimate interest" basis. For further details see our privacy statement.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Ito World provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Ito World is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Ito World
Gender diversity (male:female)
Remote across the UK with a co-working space in Cambridge should you choose to work in an office
What employees are saying
"Very genuinely, Ito World is the best company I have ever worked for. Without exception, the team is competent, supportive, and a pleasure to work with. The senior leadership team truly does value all employees' input and regularly invites and acts on everyone's suggestions to continue making the company an inclusive, flexible, and enjoyable place to work."
Anonymous Ito World Employee