Infogrid is helping protect the planet and improve the lives of billions of people by making every building a smart building.
Our goal is to be the global provider for connected devices in smart buildings. We already handle millions of events every day from tens of thousands of sensors and we’d like you to help us scale that by an order of magnitude over the coming months.
Sustainability is at our heart; buildings account for 39% of global carbon emissions and we’re creating real solutions to impact this!
We are still early in our journey but have already achieved a lot; we raised a successful series A funding round, grew 5x in employee numbers within 12 months, and voted one of the top 10 most flexible places to work.
We are looking for a VP, Operations to build and oversee our logistics, supply chain and deployment capabilities globally. This includes development and execution of a global supply chain strategy, optimisation of logistics operations, and the smooth installation of hundreds of thousands of sensors for each clients - the faster we get them in place, the faster we can reduce the carbon footprint of a building and start making it healthier. As VP, Operations, you will lead the teams responsible for the purchase, delivery, and installation of sensors globally. Your teams will also work closely with Product and Tech teams to develop technology to improve the end-to-end process.
Reporting directly to the COO, your work will enable Infogrid's success and rapid growth in EMEA, North America and APAC. You need to love a fast-paced, dynamic environment and will need to be able to work with (and lead) colleagues virtually around the world. You need a proven track record of building strong relationships cross-functionally as you will be working very closely across sales, customer success, product and finance. You should be eager to tackle new challenges and have an absolute passion for delivery and process improvement.
What we think you'll need to be successful in this role:
- Ability to create a holistic supply chain strategy that enables the commercial, financial, and operational strategies of the business
- Strong B2B supply chain capabilities and experience in developing multiple input delivery models, ideally across more than one major geography
- B2B procurement know-how (e.g., negotiations, key legal frameworks, SLAs, performance management)
- Ability to lead and performance manage a global, decentralised team
- Evidence of success in project management in large-scale B2B service projects, ideally with a “tech mindset” (e.g., use of tooling to drive automation and repeatable success)
- Proven track record in process improvement beyond procurement and supply chain (e.g., design thinking)
- Experience servicing enterprise clients (e.g., dealing with enterprise-level customers, ISO and other certifications)
- Ideally, experience in a fast-growth tech start-up with hands-on product development work
- Ideally, with either an engineering degree or work-experience in “hardware-like” companies (i.e., ability to easily grasp the supply chain implications of the technical requirements/constraints/details of our hardware)
We think Infogrid is a great place to work - we’re a recently funded and rapidly growing startup so it’s not perfect but:
❤️ Feel good about your work: Infogrid is actively helping big companies reduce their environmental footprint. We also offset everyone’s carbon footprint.
🤸 We’re flexible: We encourage remote working and offered flexible working hours before COVID and we’ll keep that flexibility afterwards.
📚 Learn and get promoted: Join us at the start of our journey - we’re growing quickly and believe in promoting from within. You can learn and grow your career here.
🌟 Improve yourself: We give everyone a day per month to focus on personal development.
🧑🏽🤝🧑🏽 Make friends: Everyone here is lovely.
🏠 Added bonus: We give everyone options in the company.
🚀 Join a legitimately secure tech start-up: $15.5M funding round is great of course but more importantly we have real paying customers and a good, growing revenue stream.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to your recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Infogrid provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Infogrid is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Infogrid
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Tallinn, Remote (USA, EMEA, APAC)