Infogrid is helping protect the planet and improve the lives of billions of people by making every building a smart building.
Our goal is to be the global provider for connected devices in smart buildings. We already handle millions of events every day from tens of thousands of sensors and we’d like you to help us scale that by an order of magnitude over the coming months.
Sustainability is at our heart; buildings account for 39% of global carbon emissions and we’re creating real solutions to impact this!
We are still early in our journey but have already achieved a lot; we raised a successful series A funding round, grew 5x in employee numbers within 12 months, and voted one of the top 10 most flexible places to work.
Want to know more about how we'd building Infogrid? Our CTO wrote a blog post about this.
Reporting to the VP of Product, the Head of Product is a critical member of the Product Management senior leadership team and is responsible for scaling the product organisation and their capabilities and helping our customers solve real world problems every day.
The role is responsible for an entire product pillar (portfolio) which will contain between 2-3 tribes/6-8 squads depending on which pillar you are custodian of. You will be asked to line manage the product team within your tribe and where necessary build this team out through hiring additional team members.
This is a highly visible role and a great opportunity to influence Infogrid’s product discipline maturing and scaling to support the product vision being achievable and the overall business direction to scale and at pace, all product pillars impact our ability to achieve our north stars.
Infogrid is growing quickly and this leadership role will be responsible for both growing and mentoring new to product/product leadership team members ensuring we grow our capabilities and mature the function as quickly as possible to achieve the high aspirations that our business has to continue to be at the cutting edge of our industry. - as our aspirations for our customers are huge - so too are our aspirations for the product org and its team members. Lots of scope to grow in the role and develop your career.
Infogrid’s culture is very fast-paced and extremely ambitious, lean on process with a distaste for bureaucracy and a focus on maintaining an environment that is as flat and approachable as possible and a rigour for ensuring an MVP business process and improvement approach we also have a Business Agility team and an Engineering Operational team this role will work closely with.
In order to be successful in the role and thrive at Infogrid, you must have strong business acumen, exceptional cross functional leadership abilities, creativity to look at problems in new ways and the boldness to try new things, a hypothesis-driven mentality, a balance of interpersonal and analytical skills, display pragmatism and situational-awareness, an iterative approach to product and the organisation and an ability to deal with an unstructured and ambiguous environment and simply be someone who gets things done. We operate on "grown-up rules", which means understanding that everyone works differently, and giving each other the respect and opportunity to do their best work.
Maturing the function: alongside the VP Product, define the outcome from introduction of best in class Product Management practices hiring and training the team under your purview.
Team Management: Help grow and nurture the Product Management team by creating a culture of trust, agility, innovation, and fun, mentoring and coaching the team you create autonomously.
Customer Insight: enabling the team to mature and grow under your leadership striving to achieve a customer centric approach in both strategic planning and day to day activities.
Strong Leadership: Unlock roadblocks at a variety of levels and cultivate collaboration across Infogrid through leadership, creativity, intelligence, and presence. Embrace a "buck stops here" and honest attitude: being proactive in contributing to raising team performance and implementing best practices.
Communication and Collaboration: Ensure the rest of the company has continuous visibility into product plans and execution, leading by example in cross functional collaboration.
Coaching and Mentoring: Establish clear, aligned goals and direction; provide candid feedback and coaching to maximise team competency, support career management and development of direct reports.
- Demonstrable leadership & line management experience in multiple product roles; particularly in modern, scalable distributed applications.
- Ideally Product Management experience in B2B/Enterprise SaaS technologies, or alternatively data, business intelligence, Machine Learning and AI products.
- Proven track record of delivering results within a cross-functional team – articulating tradeoffs, mediating opposing viewpoints, and negotiating solutions.
- Must be a natural collaborator, with excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Data driven. Able to analyse and act on data relevant to the product management discipline. Able to work with Data Analysts to produce deep insights into product usage, adoption and predict future trends.
- Understanding of release management practices, Agile software development methodologies and domain specific best practices
Leadership & Working style
- Mission-Driven - Passion for reducing the impact of climate change
- Builder/Grower - Experience and thirst for driving growth in an early-stage start-up; a high level of energy and intellectual horsepower, and unrelenting motivation to succeed and win. Need to be willing and able to make decisions quickly and with imperfect information.
- Data-Driven/Analytical - Clear understanding of which data matters and how to use it effectively
- Humble/Collaborative - Low ego, willing to be hands-on when necessary; builds and encourages respect across the organisation; seeks input from others to inform their decisions and solutions
- Impeccable Integrity and Ethical Standards - Someone who models the values of teamwork, collaboration, transparency and results orientation
We think Infogrid is a great place to work - we’re a recently funded and rapidly growing startup so it’s not perfect but:
❤️ Feel good about your work: Infogrid is actively helping big companies reduce their environmental footprint. We also offset everyone’s carbon footprint.🤸 We’re flexible: We encourage remote working and offered flexible working hours before COVID and we’ll keep that flexibility afterwards.📚 Learn and get promoted: Join us at the start of our journey - we’re growing quickly and believe in promoting from within. You can learn and grow your career here.🌟 Improve yourself: We give everyone a day per month to focus on personal development.🧑🏽🤝🧑🏽 Make friends: Everyone here is lovely.🏠 Added bonus: We give everyone options in the company.🚀 Join a legitimately secure tech start-up: $15.5M funding round is great of course but more importantly we have real paying customers and a good, growing revenue stream.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to your recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Infogrid provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Infogrid is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Infogrid
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Tallinn, Remote (USA, EMEA, APAC)
What employees are saying
"Infogrid is amazing at offering flexibility. I am currently working fully remote and whilst I have a place in the office, I can be there as much or as little as I want. I love that things move very fast here, whenever I have had a query or a blocker, it's always been resolved really quickly."
Anonymous Product Manager at Infogrid
More roles at Infogrid
- Account Executive
- Finance Operations Clerk/Accountant
- Sales Development Representative (German Speaking)
- Sales Development Representative (French Speaking)
- Senior Data Engineer
- Senior IT Engineer
- Data Engineering Manager
- Director of Data Engineering
- Sales Development Representative - UK BASED
- Analytics Engineer