Fully flexible hours
🌳 Infogrid began in 2018 on a mission to make buildings more sustainable, buildings account for 39% of global carbon emissions and we’re creating real solutions to impact this!
🚀We are still early in our journey but have already achieved a lot; Infogrid now operates across the globe with over 300 people helping to drive our mission forward.
As a Data Engineering Manager at Infogrid, you will build, grow and develop one or two teams of skilled data engineers, working on batch and real time data pipelines to create, the richest and most extensive model of building health and energy usage in the world.
These models underpin our entire data strategy: allowing our ML engineers to build cutting edge products for our customers; enabling us to build a strong data culture where data underpins every decision we make and helping to build a data platform which can grow to support billions of IoT sensors across the world.
A passion for agility is critical for success: a focus on outcomes and a willingness to pivot and change to meet the next challenge is vital - and your teams will look to you to provide stability, predictability and a culture of collaboration and support throughout the journey.
Our tools and technology will need to scale too - and you will play a pivotal role in evolving our technical architecture, working with peers from across our engineering organisation. While growing our data pipelines by several orders of magnitude, our challenges ahead include implementing governance, security and ensuring data is reliable and accurate.
We currently work in AWS with tools like dbt, Snowflake, Dagster, Kafka, Python, but we’d like you to help grow our tech stack as we go. A healthy dose of pragmatism, an openness to change and a focus on outcomes is key!
What will you be doing? Glad you asked!
- Nurture a highly effective engineering team, whilst promoting great team dynamics
- Lead and inspire engineers to do great work, for reasons they understand and connect with
- Ensure a healthy, collaborative and supportive culture is maintained in your team(s).
- Work with stakeholders to define requirements and rapidly iterate to build great products.
- Champion best practice in data modelling and usage.
- Act as a domain expert, demonstrate the art of the possible and help stakeholders and peers build the best possible product.
- Be a guardian and leader as we build a strong engineering culture at Infogrid
In order to do the above, what will I need to bring with me?
- Experience in a manager or team lead position, with evidence of key aspects of the management role
- Ability to take ownership in poorly defined problem spaces
- Natural empathy for individuals, coupled with the ability to balance individual, team and company needs
- Strong persuasion and negotiation skills
- Hands on experience developing software in a commercial environment.
- Familiarity with modern data and service architectures, and ability to guide architectural decision making.
- Experience with a modern public cloud, ideally AWS, and an understanding of the principles behind public infrastructure
- Familiarity with modern data tech, for example: column-oriented DBs, orchestration & monitoring of pipelines, caching and optimisation strategies.
- Knowledge of data scalability challenges & approaches
Come save the world with us!
❤️ Feel good about your work: Infogrid is actively helping big companies reduce their environmental footprint. We also offset everyone’s carbon footprint.🤸 We’re flexible: We encourage remote working and offered flexible working hours before COVID and we’ll keep that flexibility afterwards.📚 Learn and get promoted: Join us at the start of our journey - we’re growing quickly and believe in promoting from within. You can learn and grow your career here.🌟 Improve yourself: We give everyone a day per month to focus on personal development.🧑🏽🤝🧑🏽 Make friends: Everyone here is lovely.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to your recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Infogrid provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Infogrid is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Infogrid
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Tallinn, Remote (USA, EMEA, APAC)
What employees are saying
"Infogrid is amazing at offering flexibility. I am currently working fully remote and whilst I have a place in the office, I can be there as much or as little as I want. I love that things move very fast here, whenever I have had a query or a blocker, it's always been resolved really quickly."
Anonymous Product Manager at Infogrid