Influencer is a data-led, global influencer marketing business with a unique, end-to-end ‘people power & platform power’ approach. Their data-led ideation studio, brand platform and creator app join forces to deliver impact at scale. Influencer is championing a movement towards ‘True Human Influence’ - the more tangible, scaled outcomes creators can drive beyond just likes and impressions.
From big brand launches to shifting perceptions and from riding fast trends to driving footfall - Influencer’s creative minds let data ‘art-direct’ the journey to the outcome, while powerful technologies for both brands and creators make it easy and speedy to activate at scale.
On top of this, Influencer’s technologies are supercharged by official data integrations with the world’s leading social platforms for an extra layer of accuracy. Influencer is recognised as an Official Global Marketing Partner of both TikTok and Meta.
Co-founded by entrepreneur Ben Jeffries and OG YouTuber Caspar Lee, Influencer has a global team of 90+ with some of the best talent in the industry across New York, London, Manchester, Dubai and Warsaw. From Google to Amazon and from Coca-Cola to Visit Dubai, and even TikTok and Meta - brands across every vertical tap into the power of True Human Influence all year round.
We also earned our Flexa approval, meaning we are an employer who supports flexible working!
We are looking for an experienced and exceptional Group Financial Controller to join our awesome team (if we say so ourselves); reporting to our CFO!
As the Group Financial Controller, you will be able to showcase strong Management and Financial Accounting skills, along with finance systems skills, advanced excel skills with a great ability to analyse, manipulate and interpret data. Experience within a fast paced environment is a plus. With a high degree of flexibility to get involved and help to get things done.
This is a broad role in a fast paced environment that will grow alongside the company while working with a multitude of departments to achieve our common goal - leading the way in Influencer Marketing.
You will be working across the business, supporting various financial and non-financial stakeholders with key decision making. There will be a good deal of ad-hoc projects as we expand our operations. This role will also aid in introducing and automating internal processes as we go global, where increased activity is necessary.
- Full ownership of preparing and publishing monthly financial statements for consolidations revenue reporting - Currently for three legal entities with different operating currencies, along with full ownership of consolidation. Using downloads from Xero (GL system) into a complex excel model with the ability to refresh formulas and update the model (when/if necessary) to reflect changes to the business operating model
- Produce the monthly P&L, balance sheet and statutory cash flow analysis with commentary. Ensuring we can analyse variances between trading and currency movements versus budget and budget currency exchange rate. Refreshing the full fiscal year forecast monthly for P&L, Balance Sheet, Statutory cash flow and closing year end cash at bank position
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Run and own the month end timetable and processes, adhere to tight deadlines for Board reporting
- Own, variance analysis and forecasting, working capital both the immediate term needs and across the full year - Modelling supplier payment models and the working capital requirements
- Balance sheet reconciliations (including bank postings)
- Action monthly and quarterly tax and Vat returns
- Manage compliance of government/statutory reporting requirements and tax filing across our territories with the use of advisors
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance with the assistant of advisors when required
- Budget management and forecasting - taking the lead in budget management meetings with senior leadership - to assist with cost management, forecasting and the annual budget
- Support the FP&A Manager in the production of the annual budget and 3 year plan
- Drive improvements and efficiencies in financial processes to improve accuracy and reduce preparation time
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Run annual reporting, prepare audit files and associated schedules, and coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Management of monthly payroll
- Constant improvement mindset, identifying areas of weakness and suggest improvements
- Additional finance duties as necessary
- Qualified CIMA, ACCA or ACA c. 4+ years post qualified experience
- Experience working at FC or GFC level - ideally with MENA and US experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in fast paced business environment, working to tight deadlines
- Experience in consolidating accounts or ability to demonstrate the skill
- Multi-currency exposure
- Advanced Excel skills
- Analytical thinking – ability to manage, simplify, interpret and analyse large amount of data
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Be able to adapt and keep pace with a fast-moving environment that changes and flexes to meet business needs
- Knowledge of Hubspot
- Knowledge of Xero Accounting System
- International and specifically US experience
Our Hiring Process
- 1st round: Initial Screening call with Talent Acquisition Lead
- 2nd round: Interview with Hiring Manager + Team Member
- 3rd round: Interview + Task with Hiring Manager + Team Member
- Join the team & #MakeWaves 💥
In return you’ll get:
- An opportunity to work in a fun, progressive team with a passion for making Influencer an amazing, diverse and equitable place to work
- Flexi working hours & Working From Home + 4pm finish on Friday!
- 25 days holiday a year (plus bank holidays)
- Activities to improve your mental and physical wellbeing
- Large progressions for growth - you’ll be a key player in the next stage of growth for our company
- The choice of Health Insurance through Vitality or Juno
- EAP through Health Assured
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free breakfast and end of month free lunch Thursdays (when in office!)
- Yearly tenure celebrations!
At Influencer, we’re committed to cultivating an environment that promotes diversity, equity and inclusion. We promote DEI in our workplace and are a global community who believe our unique qualities should be celebrated. We want everyone at Influencer to bring their authentic selves to work everyday, irrespective of age, disability (including hidden disabilities), gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation. Diversity, Equity & Inclusion is embedded into everything we do at Influencer and is a part of our culture. All we ask is that you have a passion for Influencer Marketing and a desire to be a part of one of the fastest growing companies within this exciting industry.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Influencer provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Influencer is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Influencer
London, Manchester, Dubai, Poland, New York
United Arab Emirates
What employees are saying
I feel employees are a lot happier with their work-life balance now that we have a flexible approach to working. No one feels bad about having to go to a doctors appointment and working from home