Please note, due to the nature of this role, we can not consider applications from individuals who are not living in the UK with the full right to work without the need for sponsorship.
Improbable Defence develops a software platform that enables the creation of synthetic environments, with the aim of providing full spectrum synthetic training and planning. This will ultimately make defence users more effective when deployed on modern, multi-domain Operations.
Synthetic environments give decision-makers a constantly improving picture on how to best prepare for and prevail in any conflict. Improbable’s platform architecture provides the defence industry access to new market opportunities through a synthetic content ecosystem, enabling defence developers to reuse and repurpose existing models and build new models of the real world in a fast, efficient and iterative way.
The Defence test practice aims to provide consistent methods and standards of testing for our engineering division, and the partners and vendors that we collaborate with. This enables them to test, release and operate their high-quality products quickly, reliably, repeatedly, safely and with confidence. Shipping the highest quality software to our customers will be central to the long-term success of our simulation platforms.
- Work with the EMs, tech leads and SWEs to build maintainable and scalable test automation frameworks
- Ensure test engineering tools and frameworks are a collaborative effort and considered a first class engineering citizen in their own right
- Embed as a critical part of an agile cross-functional delivery team supporting a range of testing and review tasks to support your project
- Be instrumental with the implementation of continuous integration and delivery for the software stacks we support
- Be responsible for developing and socialising project test approaches to support the delivery of a quality product fit for customer use
- Ensure the rollout and socialisation of our monitoring policy to increase the range of insights we make available to delivery teams enabling them to make better decisions around processes, solutions and releases.
- Advocate and educate delivery teams on the contextual use of automation in all its forms (Unit, Integration, Functional, Non-Functional, etc)
- Review and improve the release processes of the various teams helping identify and resolve bottlenecks to drive faster and more frequent releases.
- Educate teams on optimised practices for ways of working, testing and development via consultancy, mentoring and workshopping
Why You're Made For This:
- Skilled in working with test frameworks based in Python or TypeScript or a similar OO based language
- Ability to act as a key voice in helping delivery teams understand the functional, performance and security implications of the engineering choices they make within our technical stacks to allow them to continually assess the quality of their solutions
- Experience being hands-on in the design and implementation of robust, maintainable test frameworks which enable test-first practices and fast feedback
- Experience in developing testing plans for cloud-based applications, especially those related to Kubernetes
- Experience in building test automation frameworks and toolsets from one or more of the following perspectives: UI, API, Websocket, integration or performance.
- Works independently; receives minimal guidance in completing tasks except in completely new areas of work.
We asked employees of Improbable how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Improbable
Spitalfields, London (next to Liverpool Street Station)