Impression is a multi-award winning, high growth digital marketing agency based in Nottingham and London.
Impression recently took home the award for the Best Large Agency to Work for and we continuously strive to ensure the best possible work-life balance for our team.
We are also very proud to have been listed on the “Flexa 100” Most Flexible Companies to work for and to be officially recognised as a Great Place to Work®.
As our agency continues to grow, we are looking for an enthusiastic Financial Controller to grow with us and become a part of our journey.
Impression is a fast growing agency and this role is a new hire to give the existing finance function the ability to support this, especially with regards the increasing complexity of the business model and future geographic expansion.
The Financial Controller role will be responsible for the day to day operational and technical side of their functional area within the business. They are the experts within their field. Their focus would be primarily on the current and next financial year.
They will be a strong leader in the team and be comfortable with all things finance; accounting, finance processes and policies; working alongside the Finance Director to embed great finance practices that allow Impression to deliver on its growth objectives.
- Managing the relationship with the external accountants and auditors ensuring a smooth handover of draft accounts relating to statutory requirements including companies house filings and annual accounts
- Compliance in relation to VAT returns
- Delivering timely, accurate and relevant monthly consolidated group finance statements
- Month-end and year-end closing processes and delivery
- The accuracy of the revenue numbers in the billing cycles
- The relationship and best practice whilst using credit reference agencies
- The Aged Debt escalation process, ensuring at all times that an efficient and robust process is adhered to and escalated at the correct times
- P11D and PSA submissions and overall payroll compliance
- Adequate cash flow being maintained in the short term, evidenced by timely cash flow reporting
- Working alongside Ops to provide financials required for insurance renewals
- Managing the external relationship and facilities of our banking systems
- Best practice use of software, including providing training and recommendations on future improvements
- Documenting, maintaining and enforce all necessary policies and processes to ensure compliant sound, efficient and effective financial management and control of the business
- Driving internal audit processes to ensure that the company complies with financial procedures and regulation
- Manage the team in all areas, whilst being an independent questioner of any inaccuracies within this area
- Collaborating with department heads to improve profitability, reduce costs, and drive operational efficiency
- Ad Hoc payroll queries
- The production of accurate and timely financial planning
- Reporting on the revenue vs forecast and highlighting errors and areas for improvement
- Monitoring and reporting on performance, to the management and leadership teams
- Team management responsibilities
- Delivers Impression’s onboarding process for new starters including training, objective setting, introductions to people/areas within the business and managing the probation process
- Responsibility of performance management for team members, including quarterly reviews, objective setting, development conversations, updating job descriptions and following the CPM Processes
- Responsibility for engagement of team members, including reviewing and responding to weekly ‘Check-Ins’, running biweekly ‘1-on-1s’ including managing the wellbeing of the team
- Managing team member’s leave including sickness, annual leave and other life events following Impression’s processes and policies.
- Managing internal handovers, for holidays, absence, leavers, and any personnel changes
- Following internal people processes and ensuring full compliance with and knowledge of internal policies
- Responsible for capacity management, including team recruitment and headcount planning to align with department growth plans
- Responsible for direct and indirect line management
- Delivers on the department people plan as outlined by leaders
Who are you?
- ACCA (or equivalent) accounting qualification
- Coaching skills
- Agency experience
- Working within our values at all times, internally and externally
- Team working & collaboration skills
- Leadership skills
- Commercial awareness
- Planning & organising skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrable proactivity
- Data driven
... Not ticking all the boxes?
Don't worry, here at Impression we promote a culture of learning and development so we'll help you out! There is research to suggest that women and people of colour are less likely to apply for roles in which they don’t meet 100% of the requirements but at Impression we want to ensure everyone is encouraged to apply with us. Equity, diversity and inclusion are integral to Impression’s recruitment process and we are committed to ensuring your experience with us is equal, fair and non-discriminatory.
Why work for us?
We are proud to be listed on the “Flexa 100” Most Flexible Companies to work for and to be officially recognised as a Great Place to Work®. Alongside our amazing culture, here's what else makes us standout as a great employer:
Some of the good stuff:
- Competitive salary – verified by an external salary benchmarking company
- Flexible, hybrid working options - as per ways of working charter
- 4.5 day working week (currently trialling for 6 months)
- Private medical insurance with access to EAP
- Impression funded specialist therapy sessions, up to 6 sessions where Impression funds 50% of the cost
- Enhanced sick pay - eight weeks full pay, eight weeks half pay in a twelve month period
- Access to HelloSelf, a virtual therapy platform
- Enhanced parental leave
- 28 days annual leave, plus bank holiday
- Life leave – when something unexpected happens in your life and you need some paid leave
- Pregnancy loss and parental bereavement leave
- Compassionate leave
- Eye-care vouchers
- Opportunity to save on and spread the cost of new tech through Techscheme
- Travel to work scheme
- Railcard salary sacrifice scheme
- Budget for books, tools and software
- A full social calendar with a budget per person and 1 social event per month
- Summer and Christmas party (off-site)
- Chance to attend national and international conferences
- Top Apple equipment to use at work
- Savings on bikes and accessories through Cyclescheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- The usual agency stuff – office dogs, drinks fridge, ping pong and foosball, tea and coffee and office snacks
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We're listening and we're learning.
We’re committed to embracing diversity and promoting equal opportunities, both within our teams and through the services we provide. But we know we still have work to do. Improving fairness – in our agency and our industry – is something we’re passionate about, and we’re committed to having the conversations, making the changes and helping other businesses to do the same.
We pledge to promote equal opportunities and, as per the Equality Act 2010, will not tolerate discrimination on the grounds of: gender, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, race, colour, nationality, religion, age, disability, caring responsibilities or beliefs. We’ll also make every effort to represent different genders, ethnicities, socio-economic backgrounds and sexualities at the events, panels and discussions we run.
Strictly no recruitment agencies.
We asked employees of Impression how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Impression
Gender diversity (male:female:non-binary)