Hey! We’re Huel and we’re pleased to meet you! 👋 We're going to start by talking about our exciting new Ingredients Technologist position, but if you'd like the quick low down on us first including our growth story then just head to the bottom of this page!
Our Technical team plays an important role at Huel as they ensure we are supplying our Hueligans with real food that contains the highest quality ingredients, sourced in the most ethical manner. They work closely with multiple teams in-house to make sure that every product is safe, top quality and made consistently for our Hueligans around the world 🌎
We are now looking for a new Ingredients Technologist to join us that will be based onsite full-time at our new manufacturing site in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire🎉. The site is still under construction, so you'll be based at HQ in Tring, Hertfordshire for the first few months before moving over to the site in early 2024. Here’s what you will be getting up to:
- Looking after the quality of our warehouse ingredients. You’ll be conducting inspections upon receipt for both raw ingredients and packaging and deciding what needs assessing. 👷
- Day-to-day you’ll be monitoring & testing the quality of our raw materials to establish baselines of ingredient acceptability and variability - think water activity, particle size & organoleptic. 🧪
- Looking at raw material sample scheduling and communication & utilising NIR for the ingredients validation and checks.
- You’ll be supporting R&D activities in the practical assessment of new technologies and their capability to characterise raw material suitability for Huel products. 📊
- You’ll be responsible for creating & managing QAS Standards & devising scientific studies to assess ingredient behaviour over shelf life & how this subsequently impacts the quality attributes of Huel products 🚩
- Looking after the sample submissions for external laboratory testing, this includes allergens, micro, aflatoxins & heavy metals.
- Working cross-functionally with wider teams including NPD & Procurement with leading testing of new ingredients that come into the business. 🌾
- Taking care of delivery rejections & non-conformances with suppliers.
- You’ll lead the factory sensory on Quality Assurance & taste panels.
- Supporting on internal and warehouse GMP audits & BRC compliance support. ☑️
Not yet convinced it's the role for you? Well, then you can click 👉HERE to read a more detailed job description and learn about the team!
What we're looking for in you
This role will best suit someone with a strong scientific background, you may be a grad who has a degree in Science or Engineering (Chemical, Food etc) or you might already have 1-2 years of experience working within the technical world & in a laboratory with food materials.
It's important that you have an understanding of ingredient structure, chemistry, and functionality as here at Huel we want the best quality products. As well as the ability to devise and lead practical studies with some independence & be strong with numbers, data management, and interpretation to help report on all your findings.
To keep up with life at Huel you will be someone who is able to work in a fast-paced environment. We’re all working towards our mission and we’re having lots of fun doing it!
What do we offer in return?
We have a high-performance culture that is balanced evenly with world-class well-being initiatives and benefits that are tastier than our Salted Caramel Black Edition (and trust us, that’s saying something!)
🌴 30 days annual leave PLUS bank holidays
🥤 Free Huel to keep you going
🏋️ Free on-site gym
🧠 Free 1-on-1 therapy provided by Self-Space.
🏥 Private Medical and Health insurance for you and your loved ones, including free life insurance covering up to 4x your salary
💰 Pension Plan
⚡ Electric Car Scheme with onsite charging
🚴Cycle to Work Scheme
🤰 Enhanced Family Leave
👪 Workplace Nursery Scheme
💸 Paid Employee Referral Scheme
So what next?
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, then we’d love to hear from you! Click on apply to this job to send us your CV and cover letter and Evie from our talent team will be in touch with you.
We are Hueligans
We're all made up of our Huel DNA, but what makes us unique is our individual differences. We've created a culture of belonging and we celebrate the diversity our Hueligans add to our teams. We encourage authenticity, different views, and new ideas to enable us to create products that our customers around the world enjoy and love. Read more about our culture here.
We asked employees of Huel how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Huel
Gender diversity (male:female:non-binary)
M 47% : F 52% : NB 1%
HQ - Tring Hertfordshire, London, Birmingham, New York, Germany