Hey! We’re Huel and we’re pleased to meet you! 👋 We're going to start by talking about our exciting new Financial Controller position, but if you'd like the quick low down on us first including our growth story then just head to the bottom of this page!
Our success to date wouldn’t have been possible without the hard work and dedication given by our Finance Team, who ensure we are in control of our finances and compliant with regulations and taxes across the globe.
Reporting to the CFO, this role will lead the financial control team to further develop and embed processes and controls across Financial and Management Accounting, Tax, Cash Management and Transaction Services. Leading a team of ten, the Financial Controller will take primary responsibility for all elements of the control environment, ensuring accuracy, timeliness and compliance across Huel’s financial processes and reporting.
The Financial Controller will work closely with the existing Head of Commercial Finance to ensure the business has best-in-class reporting and forecasting to support the rapid growth and expansion of the business as it becomes a global omnichannel nutrition market leader. They will lead the broader business around improving
financial control, particularly by working with the Operations team on stock management, embedding new financial systems and processes, major projects including the new in-house manufacturing facility, and supporting the financial setup of new markets.
- Group and Board reporting, including external stakeholders - ensure timely, accurate, and insightful management accounts. Deliver further improvement to management accounts timelines to make sure Huel is best in class for any potential or existing private or public reporting requirements
- Audit and accounts - leading the annual financial statements and audit process (IFRS) end-to-end, including liaising with auditors/tax specialists, working with the Directors on statutory reporting requirements, and managing any interim reporting requirements.
- Corporate tax strategy and management - working with external advisors to agree on the right tax structure and maintaining/implementing transfer pricing agreements where necessary. Managing the annual tax cycles in our different regions, and taking the lead on R&D tax claims as appropriate.
- Sales tax management - leading the sales tax strategy, including working with the product development team and external advisors across all of Huel’s geographic markets to ensure our products are classified correctly and all reporting deadlines are met.
- Process improvement - including financial systems - taking a lead role in identifying financial and operational process improvements, working with the Head of IT on the ERP development roadmap, and ensuring any changes meet the agreed specification.
- Stock control improvement - managing the Stock Control Finance Manager to ensure the development of Huel’s stock control processes, and that stock is accurately reflected in the financial statements
- Cashflow management - owning the cash management process, including ultimate ownership of approval processes, cash forecasting, FX management, and supporting on any future banking or financing arrangements.
- Team development - direct management of three people, with indirect management of a further seven people. Continuously improving and developing the team, setting clear and deliverable objectives, ensuring timelines are met, and supporting team members to develop both technical and softer skills as part of their career development.
What we're looking for in you
- You will need to be a qualified accountant with a strong pedigree within a Financial Controls or internal audit environment and will have implemented or maintained a risk and controls programme in a consumer business.
- Proven ability to manage risk, anticipate issues and suggest solutions to avoid surprises within the financials
- To keep up with life at Huel you will be someone who can work in a fast-paced environment and of course, knows how to have fun too!
- Experience in managing external advisors, particularly external auditors, but also tax advisors and other specialists
- Experience in dealing with consolidation of international subsidiaries and understanding of international tax and transfer pricing
- The ideal candidate will come from a consumer goods background with exposure to stock management in particular
- You will have a passion for developing your team with a range of experience
- Experience working with Netsuite is a bonus; experience working with ERP systems is essential
- Public company experience in a group reporting role would be an advantage but is not essential.
What do we offer in return?
We have a high-performance culture which is balanced evenly with world-class well-being initiatives and benefits that are tastier than our Salted Caramel Black Edition (and trust us, that’s saying something!)
⏰ 4 and a half day working week - We finish at 1 pm on a Friday!
🌴 30 days annual leave PLUS bank holidays
🕖 Flexible working - including up to 2 days per week at home
🥤 Free Huel to keep you going
🏖️ 2 weeks a year to work remotely from anywhere! One week in the Summer and one week at Christmas
🐾 Dog friendly. If you've seen Daddy Day Care the movie, that's basically HQ but for doggo's!
🙋 Paid Volunteering Days
🏋️ Free on-site gym with free classes, and we will give you your own nutrition plan
🧠 Free 1-on-1 therapy provided by Self-Space.
🏥 Private Medical and Health insurance for you and your loved ones, including free life insurance covering up to 4x your salary
⚡ Electric Car Scheme with onsite charging
🚴Cycle to Work Scheme
🤰 Enhanced Family Leave
👪 Workplace Nursery Scheme
🎓 Huel Academy
🎉 Quarterly events to celebrate success - Have you heard about Huelchella?
We are Hueligans
We're all made up of our Huel DNA, but what makes us unique is our individual differences. We've created a culture of belonging and we celebrate the diversity our Hueligans add to our teams. We encourage authenticity, different views, and new ideas to enable us to create products that our customers around the world enjoy and love. Read more about our culture here.
We asked employees of Huel how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Huel
Gender diversity (male:female:non-binary)
M 47% : F 52% : NB 1%
HQ - Tring Hertfordshire, London, Birmingham, New York, Germany