Hubble is the future of work, pushing every day to improve the working lives of people all over the world.
By equipping businesses with the tools they need to satisfy the growing demand for flexibility, we deliver workplace experiences that work for all, whether it’s a full-time office by the month or access to on-demand workspaces in close to 1,000 locations worldwide.
Join us as we make hybrid working easy and accessible to all.
What we’re looking for
A self-motivated and ambitious individual with previous bookkeeping experience and a basic level of accounting knowledge. Ideally, you will be already working towards a professional accounting qualification, and are looking to join a dynamic company that is going through a period of exciting growth.
As Hubble continues to grow, the need has arisen for a Finance Assistant to perform the day-to-day accounting tasks necessary to support the smooth running of the finance function. This role reports into our Financial Controller and is an exciting opportunity to join a small but growing finance team on the verge of global expansion.
- Perform daily bank reconciliations, investigating and resolving any discrepancies
- Responsible for reconciling our card payment invoices from Stripe and recording them in our accounting system
- Process supplier invoices and set-up supplier payment runs
- Responsible for monthly customer invoicing and completeness checks
- Monitor the company billing and payables email inboxes and respond to customer queries in a professional manner; liaising with Hubble’s sales and customer support teams when required
- Own the day to day debtors collection process
- Administer the monthly company payroll and posting of related journal entries
- Run the monthly employee expense reimbursement process
- Complete month-end reconciliations for various balance sheet accounts (e.g. Accounts Payable, Supplier Payments Due)
- Assistance with preparation of quarterly VAT returns
- Assist the wider finance team with day-to-day operations and ad hoc projects when required
- Compliance with Hubble’s financial and company-wide policies and procedures
- Currently working towards a professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Previous bookkeeping experience essential
- Experience working with Xero accounting software
- Proficient in using both MS Excel and Google Sheets
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team (role will be largely remote)
- Trustworthy in handling sensitive, confidential information
- Data-oriented mindset and keen eye for detail
- Excellent customer communication skills
- Passion & drive to work in a high growth company
- Experience working in a start-up, high-growth environment desirable
- Experience working in a multi-company organisation with foreign currencies, as the business plans to expand internationally
- Experience working with Netsuite accounting software would be a bonus
We want to make sure that everyone who works at Hubble is comfortable and has the best environment to enable their work. We offer flexible hours, remote working and have a relaxed attitude to taking holiday - focusing only on whether work gets done. Benefits can be tweaked on an individual basis depending on what makes you most productive.
We live what we preach and Hubble has always worked in a hybrid way.
We are remote-first with time spent in our HQ for culture and collaboration and the flexibility to work from anywhere on other days.
Here are some of the other benefits we offer:
- Private Healthcare
- Free therapy via Spill
- UK-based but freedom to work anywhere for short periods, with on-demand access to a large network of central, local and global co-working spaces
- Macbook / Windows equivalent and peripherals
- Spotify Premium or Apple Music
- Kindle Unlimited + free technical books
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Hubble provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Hubble is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Hubble
Gender diversity (male:female:non-binary)
26: 28 (M:F)
241 Southwark Bridge Road, SE1 6FP
What employees are saying
They practice what they preach, allowing employees to work from home, from one of their offices on the platform or from their HQ office. It's really great to have those options. As long as you deliver, you can work your own way and it also feeds productivity!