Fully flexible hours
hedgehog lab is a global technology consultancy and we are on a growth trajectory. We are looking for an experienced technologist who can help us deliver great products & digital solutions to our customers across the globe.
While we have always been about premium digital experiences, to deliver the ambitious product roadmaps of our current customers (who consist of some of the biggest FTSE 100 & Fortune 500 companies) we need to take our skills & the team to the next level to deliver a world-class service. We would love for you to come on that journey and help us do some award-winning work.
Why hedgehog lab?
- Ranked #1 globally for mobile app development on Clutch
- We work with clients of all sizes, from startups to FTSE 100 companies across a range of sectors. If you want to build your portfolio, this is the place to do it. Check out some of our past client work here.
- A transparent and open company culture based on trust, where politics is shunned and everyone works as a team.
- Our People are our greatest asset, and we are so proud to have been certified as a Great Place to Work, as rated by 91% of our business.
- We’re a fully Flexified Employer, certified by Flexa. We know a one size fits all approach doesn’t work for everyone, we work with our employees to establish a model that benefits both parties.
Working across our technology, delivery and commercial teams, as a solution architect you will understand client requirements, engage with the client’s technical team, plan, estimate and help present technical solutions. You will bring your experience to bear in designing modern, supportable solutions for our customers. Your role doesn’t end there, once going into build you will provide support for the build team from an architectural stand-point as they navigate the build and delivery.
- Full-time, permanent Solution Architect
- Responsible for sharing knowledge with commercial staff, and engaging potential clients in making sound decisions, and providing technical leadership and guidance throughout the entire process of projects.
- You will enable us to have confidence that we have architected and built our software correctly, and to industry best practices. Though you will be accountable for driving forward our technology standards and vision, this will be done collaboratively with the wider technology group.
- You are proficient and have relevant technology experience, able to write and understand at least one language and have a strong understanding of building solutions native to the cloud.
- Previous experience of development in at least one modern development language.
- A strong understanding of both frontend and backend technologies
- Deep knowledge of the services and capabilities of at least one of the major cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience of how components are designed and interact to form an efficient, cohesive, and functional, system
- Strong focus on quality, with a proven track record of consistently delivering high-quality work with a meticulous attention to detail.
- Experience of automation and testing would be preferable
- Previous experience of working in an advisory / consultancy role
- Previous experience of working to provide pre-sales estimations for new projects and or clients.
- Be able to provide the commercial team with technical advice, especially in relation to projects and clients
- Earn the trust and confidence of clients to become their technical advisor
- Earn the trust and confidence of our technical teams in designing systems that fit our strategy.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience of working in agile development environments.
- Passionate with a desire to deliver world-class products
- Detail oriented and customer focused, with the ability to think big. This opportunity involves working on technical solutions with global clients
- An ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- An excellent communicator (verbally and written), capable of inspiring colleagues and clients, especially at the CXO level
- Outgoing, personable, sociable and easy going
- Open to feedback from your team to benefit client relationships
- Always eager to learn and to share knowledge
- Comfortable with pressure and deadlines and can work in a fast paced
What We Offer
- Unlimited holidays. While we count paid leave, it's not metered.
- Flexible working environment (flexi-time, hybrid working environment)
- An enhanced maternity policy.
- A transparent and open company culture where politics is shunned and everyone works as a team.
- Annual Learning & Development budget inclusive of 4 L&D days.
- Annual personal Wellbeing budget inclusive of 2 wellbeing days.
- Access to free therapy sessions and financial wellbeing services.
Diversity & Inclusion Statement
At hedgehog lab, our team is our greatest asset.
We believe that having diversity within our team is integral to doing our best work and creating the most innovative products for our customers. We will continue to foster an inclusive culture at the lab where everyone can be their authentic selves and thrive.
We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply to our roles and we don’t discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, nationality, genetics, disability or age.
If you require any adjustments to submit an application for a vacancy, or if you require any reasonable adjustment should you be invited to interview then please contact Holly Orange, Talent Acquisition Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a family friendly employer with a culture based on trust, autonomy and flexibility. We are always learning and our policies and processes are ever evolving to make sure that they’re in line with this statement.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options hedgehog lab provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure hedgehog lab is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at hedgehog lab
Gender diversity (male:female)
Newcastle UK, Boston US
What employees are saying
"I have been with the company since before the global pandemic, and now coming out the other side, I'm really happy with the direction hedgehog are moving towards with their flexible policies. It's a great environment to work in as they're always supportive with me and very communicative with their benefits."
Anonymous Product Manager