hedgehog lab is a global technology consultancy and we are on a growth trajectory. We are looking for a Senior QA Engineer who can help us deliver great products & digital solutions to our customers across the globe.
While we have always been about premium digital experiences, to deliver the ambitious product roadmaps of our current customers (who consist of some of the biggest FTSE 100 & Fortune 500 companies) we need to take our skills & the team to the next level to deliver a world-class service. We would love for you to come on that journey and help us do some award-winning work.
Why hedgehog lab?
- Ranked by Clutch for mobile app development
- We work with clients of all sizes, from startups to FTSE 100 companies across a range of sectors. If you want to build your portfolio, this is the place to do it. Check out some of our past client work here!
- A transparent and open company culture based on trust, where politics is shunned and everyone works as a team.
- Our People are our greatest asset, and we are so proud to have been certified as a Great Place to Work, as rated by 91% of our business.
- We’re a fully Flexified Employer, certified by Flexa. We know a one size fits all approach doesn’t work for everyone, we work with our employees to establish a model that benefits both parties.
- Check out our Glassdoor reviews!
We are looking for a QA Engineer who can help us deliver great products & digital solutions to our customers across the globe. Ideally, you will have a great passion for supporting the development and maintenance of large-scale mobile and web applications, with hundreds and thousands of users covering an existing global user base.
- Full-time, permanent, QA Engineer
- Work across all projects to monitor and drive quality
- Write test cases, work in a SCRUM team
- Carry out manual testing and develop and manage automated testing scripts
- Monitor usability, performance and accessibility of our apps
- Contribute to and drive the continual development of our internal testing processes
- Monitor, track and report on bugs / issues
- Essential: 3+ years of hands on commercial experience of QA testing native mobile and web apps
- Desired: experience of automated mobile testing using TestProject, Appium or equivalent
- Desired: experience of automated cross-browser web testing using Selenium, Cypress or equivalent
- An aptitude and openness to learning new skills and technologies
- Strong opinions on what goes into making a quality application around areas including performance, usability and stability.
- A solid understanding of test plans and ideally TestRail
- Familiarity with accessibility guidelines
- Working knowledge of Git, Continuous Integration, and other supporting systems
- An understanding of SCRUM/agile methodologies
- Passionate with a desire to deliver world-class products
- Detail oriented and delivery focused, with the ability to think big
- Organised and self-motivated
- An excellent communicator (verbally and written), capable of inspiring colleagues and clients
- Outgoing, personable, sociable and easy going
- Always eager to learn and to share knowledge
- Comfortable with pressure and deadlines and can work in a fast paced environment
What we offer:
- 36 paid holidays, including bank holidays. Work-life balance is very important to refresh and ensure you are fully rested. (Bulgaria based candidates receive 20 days paid holiday)
- MultiSport is an employee benefit program that grants you an access to hundreds of different gyms, studios and swimming pools in whole Bulgaria. (Bulgaria only)
- We encourage continuous learning and development. Each team member has an Annual Learning & Development budget and 4 days which renew every year to help them grow
- Annual Wellbeing budget (inclusive of 2 paid wellbeing days). This is for everyone to spend on anything they might enjoy that helps them relax and switch off.
- Mental health support with free therapy sessions. Mental health is extremely important to us. Our partner Spill is a Slack-integrated therapy app available to all our staff at no extra cost
- Bippit Financial wellbeing service. It’s important that people have the insight and education to overcome their financial concerns and we offer access to a financial well-being solution to help (UK only)
- BUPA Health Plan. This cash plan covers UK employees claiming an amount of cash back for things like optical, dental and other therapies (UK only)
- Flexible working environment. We understand that not one approach fits everyone. Whether they are working from the office or home we fully support our team.
- An enhanced maternity policy. Our maternity policy offers enhanced maternity pay above the statutory amount (UK only)
- A transparent and open company culture where politics is shunned and everyone works as a team.
- Monthly payday socials and annual Summer and Christmas parties. We also like to celebrate important cultural milestones here at the lab
- All our staff are entitled to the Cycle-to-Work scheme to save money & spread the cost on a new bike and accessories (UK only)
- Company-supplied Apple Mac. All equipment is set up and provided before onboarding new team members
Diversity & Inclusion Statement
At hedgehog lab, our team is our greatest asset.
We believe that having diversity within our team is integral to doing our best work and creating the most innovative products for our customers. We will continue to foster an inclusive culture at the lab where everyone can be their authentic selves and thrive.
We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply to our roles and we don’t discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, nationality, genetics, disability or age.
If you require any adjustments to submit an application for a vacancy, or if you require any reasonable adjustment should you be invited to interview then please complete this form: Adjustments to the hiring process. Please note, you do not have to have a registered disability to request reasonable adjustments.
We are a family friendly employer with a culture based on trust, autonomy and flexibility.
We are always learning and our policies and processes are ever evolving to make sure that they’re in line with this statement.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options hedgehog lab provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure hedgehog lab is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at hedgehog lab
Gender diversity (male:female)
Newcastle UK, York UK, Boston US, Sofia BG