hedgehog lab is a global technology consultancy and we are on a growth trajectory. We are looking for a Management Accountant who can help us deliver great products & digital solutions to our customers across the globe.
While we have always been about premium digital experiences, to deliver the ambitious product roadmaps of our current customers (who consist of some of the biggest FTSE 100 & Fortune 500 companies) we need to take our skills & the team to the next level to deliver a world-class service. We would love for you to come on that journey and help us do some award-winning work.
Salary: Up to £40k
Why hedgehog lab?
- Ranked by Clutch for mobile app development
- We work with clients of all sizes, from startups to FTSE 100 companies across a range of sectors. If you want to build your portfolio, this is the place to do it. Check out some of our past client work here.
- A transparent and open company culture based on trust, where politics is shunned and everyone works as a team.
- Our People are our greatest asset, and we are so proud to have been certified as a Great Place to Work, as rated by 91% of our business.
- We’re a fully Flexified Employer, certified by Flexa. We know a one size fits all approach doesn’t work for everyone, we work with our employees to establish a model that benefits both parties.
- We received the Advanced Award in the North of Tyne Combined Authority Good Work Pledge
- Check out our Glassdoor reviews!
We are seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented Management Accountant with 1-2 years of post-qualified experience to join our finance team. The successful candidate will play a key role in ensuring accurate and timely information, supporting decision-making processes and contributing to the overall financial health of the organisation. This is a management-level role supporting a Finance Assistant therefore experience of management is ideal, but not a requirement.
- Prepare timely and accurate monthly management accounts for our group including our US entity
- Analyse and interpret financial data to provide insights into business performance.
- Present financial reports to senior management, highlighting key trends and variances.
- Collaborate with department heads to develop and manage annual budgets.
- Monitor budget performance and provide variance analysis.
- Assist in the preparation of financial forecasts and projections.
- Ensure compliance with accounting principles, regulations, and internal policies.
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements for external audits.
- Liaise with third party stakeholders including auditors and regulatory bodies
- Contribute to the improvement and optimisation of financial systems and processes.
- Professional accounting qualification (ACCA, CIMA, or equivalent) with 1-2 years of post-qualified experience.
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and financial reporting.
- Proficient in financial analysis and modelling.
- Experience Microsoft Excel and Google sheets (preferred)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented with a high level of accuracy.
- Experience of Xero preferential including payroll
Stage1️⃣ - Intro call with our Talent Acquisition Advisor (30 mins Google Meet)
Stage 2️⃣ - Interview with your potential line manager, the Chief Financial Officer (60 mins Google Meet)
What We Offer
🏖️ 36 days paid holidays (20 paid days in Bulgaria), including bank holidays.
🏡 Flexible working environment. We’re a remote-first company, as well as offering office environments for those who prefer a hybrid approach.
👶 Enhanced maternity policy. Our maternity policy offers enhanced maternity pay above the statutory amount (UK only).
🧠 A transparent and open company culture where politics are shunned and everyone works as a team.
📖 Annual learning & development budget plus 4 days L&D leave, which renews every year.
💙 Annual wellbeing budget plus 2 paid wellbeing days to use as you feel fit.
💌 Free therapy sessions with Spill. Mental health is paramount to us. Our partner, Spill, is a Slack-integrated therapy app available to all our staff at no extra cost.
💰 Bippit financial wellbeing service to give everyone a professionally-qualified financial expert to alleviate money stresses (UK only).
🏥 Bupa health plan. This cash plan covers UK employees claiming an amount of cash back for things like optical, dental and therapies.
🥳 Monthly payday socials and annual Summer and Christmas parties. We also like to celebrate important cultural milestones.
🚴♀️ Cycle-to-Work scheme (UK only).
💻 Company-supplied Apple Mac.
👪 Family-friendly, backed by enhanced parental and adoption policies.
🌍 Inclusive environment. We never discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, nationality, genetics, disability or age. From menopausal support to neurodiversity adjustments, we’ll continue to foster an inclusive culture at the lab where everyone can let their authentic selves shine.
Diversity & Inclusion Statement
At hedgehog lab, our team is our greatest asset.
We believe that having diversity within our team is integral to doing our best work and creating the most innovative products for our customers. We will continue to foster an inclusive culture at the lab where everyone can be their authentic selves and thrive.
We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply to our roles and we don’t discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, nationality, genetics, disability or age.
If you require any adjustments to submit an application for a vacancy, or if you require any reasonable adjustment should you be invited to interview then please complete this form: Adjustments to the hiring process. Please note, you do not have to have a registered disability to request reasonable adjustments. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask: email@example.com
We are a family friendly employer with a culture based on trust, autonomy and flexibility.
We are always learning and our policies and processes are ever evolving to make sure that they’re in line with this statement.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options hedgehog lab provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure hedgehog lab is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at hedgehog lab
Gender diversity (male:female)
Newcastle UK, York UK, Boston US, Sofia BG