POSITION: Full Time (min 80% min per week)
LOCATION: Fully remote with occasional trips to the office in London (4 times per year)
Founded in 2013, Healios is a leading specialist digital healthcare company working to empower patients and families affected by mental health, autism and ADHD conditions to support long-term outcomes and wellbeing. Our mission is to bring exceptional healthcare to anyone, anytime, anywhere.
Healios is pioneering the world’s first digitalisation of NHS Mental Health Trust outpatient services, covering multiple complex specialist assessment and psychological intervention services. By digitising entire clinical pathways, we enable children, adults and their family members to receive and seamlessly transition between clinical services from the comfort of their home.
You can find out more about us by clicking here!
- Manage a team of talented engineers, ensuring they are operating in an environment that enables them to be their best. You should care deeply about the satisfaction and engagement across the team and creating opportunities for people to grow.
- Ensure effective technical decision making. You will make sure we have the right structure to enable autonomy and quality of decisions and direction.
- Own the data strategy that supports Healios’ obligations to protect our clients data as well as enables Healios research and data consumers to leverage our data asset in a secure, compliant and ethical manner.
- Work closely with product managers, clinical researchers and stakeholders within a cross functional team to ensure the team is focused on the right goals and challenges.
- Contribute to the systematic improvements of the wider engineering team. They may be related to people management, development processes, technical standards and implementation, or anything else that helps us build great software.
- Liaise with peers across the organisation, ensuring effective alignment and collaboration.
WHAT TO EXPECT IN YOUR FIRST 3 MONTHS:
- You have built strong relationships with key stakeholders across the organisation. You have a good understanding of Healios’ operation as a business, and the needs and pain points of your key stakeholders.
- You have a strong grasp of the product, tech stack, and development processes related to your team. You have assessed the capabilities of the existing team and defined goals and identified gaps that are needed to fully support the team’s mission. You have built and implemented a strategy to resolve this. You have proactively addressed impediments to the effectiveness of your team.
- You understand the key priorities, data consumers and providers, and have identified your peers and stakeholders. You have developed and agreed a roadmap focused on impactful outcomes to enable data-informed decisions across Healios. You’ll have ensured the team has started working towards these priorities.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO HEALIOS
- Broad understanding of modern Data Engineering practices and paradigms
- A keen understanding of different approaches and toolsets used to create data products and an openness to try new things.
- Experience in quickly scaling the flow of data across an organisation through the rapid development of high velocity data products using the appropriate platform/tooling to meet business requirements.
- Approach data as a product, with an understanding of the importance of incorporating product thinking into the design of outputs,
- Ability to lead change and shift the data architectural paradigm as and when required,
- An understanding of how to automatically test data pipelines and enable trust in our data products,
- Strong ethics about data compliance, governance and security and knowledge of best practice in processing personal data.
- A deep desire to develop and grow people, and a strong understanding of how to do this.
- Excellent problem solving, decision making and communication and collaboration skills with proven success to influence and inspire.
- A commitment to ethical practice, the highest standards of safeguarding of adults/children and requirements set out by our regulatory frameworks.
WHAT WE WILL PROVIDE FOR YOU
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays and closure days)
- Birthday & Life Leave days
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Fully personalised flexible benefits package
- Enhanced family friendly policies
- Flexible, home based role
- Free GitHub Co-Pilot
- Choice of laptop, plus an allowance to purchase additional equipment
- CPD/Growth day per year, plus personal development allowance to invest in your growth
- A collaborative culture where curiosity, creativity, experimentation and innovation are fostered
- A highly motivated and energetic team bringing a wide range of talents, experience and knowledge to solve complex challenges
- Autonomy to shape and design world leading clinical pathways that harness the power of combining technology with evidence-based interventions and a human touch
- Opportunities to grow and further develop your professional interests
- A culture that challenges the status quo in pursuit of providing exceptional healthcare and an unrivalled experience for the clients and families we support.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
“Do the right thing” is one of our core Healios values. And building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels supported is absolutely the right thing to do. Whether we’re developing a new service line or enhancing one of our products, we need people with different skills, backgrounds, identities and perspectives to ensure our innovations will work for the children and young people we are here to serve. By embracing diversity, we can deliver better care experiences and outcomes, while tackling the inequalities in healthcare provision that exist today.
SAFER RECRUITMENT & PRE- EMPLOYMENT CHECKS
Healios ensures that supporting people to be safe is at the heart of our work and a key priority across all areas of the organisation, We will do our absolute best to keep the people that we support, safe from harm. This starts with our recruitment processes.
As part of our pre-employment checks, all employees of Healios will be asked to have a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Dependent on your role within the business, this will either be an Enhanced or Basic. A Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) check will be required. You will also be asked to provide two professional references as a minimum.
We asked employees of Healios how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Healios
Gender diversity (male:female)
15% Male - 80% Female - 2% Non-Binary