Remote-first – Work from anywhere
A little flex time
Use your financial flair to empower game-changing technologies
Do you love wielding your financial talents to help a wide variety of interesting clients? Do you have a passion for numbers, an eye for detail, and a flair for client relationships? Do you want to work in an autonomous environment where you’ll have the licence to achieve results your way?
If this sounds like you, read on!
GrantTree is the UK’s leading innovation funding consultancy, specialising in R&D Tax Credits, Grants, Video Game Tax Relief and Advanced Funding. We work with some of the country’s most groundbreaking businesses, helping them to maximise their government funding opportunities, and build technologies that will change the world. We have ambitious plans for the future and are looking for bright, passionate, and conscientious people to expand our R&D tax Team.
That’s where you come in!
As an R&D Consultant, you’ll be helping GrantTree’s clients file a maximised, fully-compliant claim for R&D Tax Credits. You’ll gain a deep understanding of R&D Tax Credits, a corporate tax relief scheme that rewards companies for investing in innovation. As part of our rapidly growing team, you’ll be working with internal stakeholders such as our Customer Success Managers and Technical Consultants to ensure all of the Financial and Technical information is collated, analysed and built into the required reports to file a claim. We are looking for future talent who are as good with people as they are with numbers.
On a typical day you might:
- Work closely with our clients’ founders and technical leads to prepare all financial aspects of their R&D claims.
- Proactively provide advice to clients on legal and legislative and changes to the R&D Tax Credits scheme.
- Connect with internal stakeholders on internal and external deadlines.
- Suggest refinements to our R&D Tax Credits delivery process, helping to improve our clients’ experience.
- Attend regular meetings and assist in generating solutions to our clients’ R&D tax matters.
- Assess the impact of changes in the tax law on your client book.
- Availability for a full-time position
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in an R&D tax role
- Experience in delivering tax credits claims, or equivalent, including in-depth knowledge of the CIRD and BIS guidelines beyond what typically qualifies and how relief is calculated.
- Experience in servicing a book of clients.
- Confident working on tight deadlines while maintaining high service levels with keen attention to detail
Salary and Benefits
For this role, the salary will be £30,000- £40,000 depending on experience. In addition to your salary, we are offering a place where you can be yourself, develop your skills, and fulfil your potential. We also have a flexible approach to working, so, whilst we encourage you to come in and collaborate with your team, there’s no pressure for you to be in the office (once your probationary period has been completed). You can work from wherever you are most productive, while we offer a fully serviced office in the heart of Shoreditch.
Other benefits include:
- 30 days paid holiday + bank holidays
- Training & development budget
- Monthly wellness budget
- A generous and inclusive parental leave policy
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Discounted private health insurance
- Study and charity leave
- Regular social and wellness events
- Access to premium platforms for wellness and financial support
- Friday afternoons off
Teams are stronger when they have a diverse range of people. We welcome applications from everyone, regardless of the categories they put themselves in. We also encourage talented ‘square pegs’. If you think you’re the right person for the job even though you don’t quite fit the role spec, be daring and apply!
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options GrantTree provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure GrantTree is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at GrantTree
Gender diversity (male:female)
What employees are saying
"I've worked here for years, and the flexibility and freedom you have at GrantTree is like nowhere I've worked before. It can be hard work to manage your own time and autonomy, but it's very much built into the company culture that work can be done anywhere, anytime and that people should be able to bring their whole selves to work. You genuinely feel valued and it's understood that people have personal lives that can sometimes impact the more 'traditional' hours or ways of working."
Anonymous GrantTree Employee